Search the forum,

Discuss Old Spanish house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andymc

Dont know if anyone has renovated an old spanish townhoue, we want to keeps things basic but still run a few extra toilets etc, are the fittings the same over there, not had much of a look at existing stuff to be honest.
Quite confident about piping it out (assuming its all 22mm and 15mm pipe) but the boilers in the area run off gas bottles as there is no piped gas in vilage, it will only be to supply hot water, showers etc, not central heating or anything fancy.
Anyadvice from anyone who has been in same position or can advise on boiler etc is greaty appreciated

Is there a supply of timber available which would merit getting a woodburner with a boiler unit? A friend has a house in France and they have two woodburners and as much timber as they want.

lived there for 10 years. copper pipe sizing 12,14,15,16,18,22,28 mm
they tried to phase out 14 and 16 but its still about. 12,15,18,22 are most common. the 18 is quite a usefull in between.
the bottled gas will be 12mm - you will need to silver soldar it to keep with regs. the flexible orange pipe has a life span of 5 years and will need the special hose pipe adaptors soldered on as well.
installing the toilets you will enjoy the use of the "llave escuadro 1/2 a 3/8" and then the use use of flexis "latiguillos" again 3/8. they make life easy for you !
leroy merlin is your equivalent of b & q if you get stuck at merchants

good luck

Sounds good thanx for the advice, yeah log burner it will be, water will just be for taps, toilets, baths, sinks, bidet, washing machine, dish washer etc, just domestic stuff.
Any idea on best type of boiler/hot water system to use for this, even a link or attachment would be good.

I guess you are best to see what woodburner you can buy in Spain for spares and service etc. I guess it will have to be a vented system and I expect that most Spanish systems will be unvented so you will need to find out from the suppliers where to get the kit.

I would consider getting a cylinder with a second coil which you could add a backup boiler or solar at a later date without having to rip it out and replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Spanish house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, thanks for adding me. My Veissmann v50 combi gas boiler has recently started to supply only lukewarm water to the bathroom above it. This is about 3 metres away, so quite a short pipe run. It supplies hot water fine to the kitchen taps, which are about 1 metre away. It also supplies very...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock