Search the forum,

Discuss Done my first saniflo today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike_s

Absolutely made up with it! Was an en-suite for a mate, there was nothing in there before, used to be like a cylinder cupboard so pipes were under the floor or in the next room. Got it done in a day, just nipping back wednesday to do a bit of tiling.
What are your experiences with these? Maintainence? lifespan? Also, how important is the air admittance valve? We connected the overflow pipe to a new pan connector in the downstairs bathroom, one of those ones with an inch 1/4 connector and put a reducer in. It sounds perfect when you flush, runs for about 5 seconds. nice and quiet too.

i hate the things

i hate beeing called to a job and i get the dreaded, could you have a look at the toilet in the basement?

i stear clear of them as they are so so so messy!

but sometimes you dont have a choice if you owe someone a favour

haha I don't plan on servicing them! They can get the saniflo guys out for any problems not down to us.

You have to make sure that you install the unit using the guidelines that saniflo give or you invalidate the garentee for your nice customer.

It is amazing how many people install the outlet pipes incorrectly . . .

You have to make sure that you install the unit using the guidelines that saniflo give or you invalidate the garentee for your nice customer.

It is amazing how many people install the outlet pipes incorrectly . . .

Fitted a fair few maybe 7 or 8 last one I did got a blockage and the saniflow guy came out and said we hadn't gone 300mm horizontally on exit. So we went and tokk a look it was 285mm the blockage was a frozen cast pipe outside!

As You can see from the above comments

- STEER WELL CLEAR OF saniflo units -

1. If you do not install the most powerfull unit - something like 1.5 kw saniflo superb/exra or something it will block and seize up the less powerfull units are only designed for poo and toilet paper in minor use domestic locations.
2.If you guarantee your work like we do 4 12 months u will be for ever going back - and its not nice believe me.

Even if you install according to spec they are a liability - we refused a
contract in Ormskirk last Feb cause the spec inc. a few of these units

The outfit that did install are now up a certain (s..t) street - we have been re-hired.

centralheatking

I agree, I hate the things as well, only ever fitted two, last one three months ago, please please please keep working.

Nightmare but as a last resort can solve a problem now and again.

Imagine being one of their engineers... doing that all day, man they must be well paid.

I used to work for a drainage company and a call to a blocked sani flo was always my biggest dread, and i saw some terrible drains i can tell you.

There is something very unnerving about relying on a pipe no bigger than a 2p to get rid of your waste.

They can get you out of a hole i agree but they can also get you into a very nasty smelly one too.

Be warned
;);););)

"i always tell my joiner friends, if they had studied at school, they too could have been plumbers!!!...."

god saniflow came back from a callout on wed to find a customer had called in at 8pm demanding a callout to fix a broken saniflow she said we had installed recently wanted someone their that night going totaly mental turns out it was installed 6 and a bit years ago she seams to think us saying no about a free callout being a bit cowboyish u think if thats the case might get painter back to redo my doors thats was only 2years ago and their not as white as they were when first done bloody cowboy

was called to this one last year charged a tidy sum to sort it but hate doing them - tennants had kept using the toilet untill it was full

Attachments

• photo1056.jpg
    photo1056.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 107
thats a lot of waste was it owned by a mp lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Done my first saniflo today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I have a downstairs toilet which has a 90 degree pan connector with boss, and until a few months ago also had the washing machine outlet connected through the boss. I rerouted the washing machine, and I think, but am not sure, that about that time I started having flushing problems. The toilet...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
B
Hi I posted here a few weeks ago - and thanks for all comments. However, problem still exists & I've had two 'different quotes' in relation to work - & am even more confused now! 1st: 'Disconnect & cap off existing wash basin waste (currently teeing into shower waste.) Supply & install new...
Replies
Views
bridcat
B
N
all started with the overflow from the clod water tank in the loft continuosly overflowing, ball valve working fine, but hot water is being forced up the cold feed to the immersion tank. Cold tank in loft gets tepid. In the kitchen and bathroom I can hear water rushing through the pipes. I now...
Replies
Views
I have been doing constant bathrooms this year, I keep saying "this is definalty the last one I do this year" but I've just taken on two more. I work totally on my own and each bathroom I take great care to get everything bang on perfect and totaly durable etc. The average bathroom with...
Replies
Views
Today had to fit new valves on radiators of a vented system. Drained system, pain as there wasn't a low level drain off valve. Fitted new valves, including a drain off. When I went to turn on the water at the F&E tank I noticed it still had water above the outlet pipe. Thought 'this could be...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock