Search the forum,

Discuss Plume relocation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
I've got a customer whose boiler I serviced last year and they've asked me if there's anything that can be done about the poc from the boiler as it's a bit of a nuisance. It doesn't break any guidelines but as the balanced flue exits into a small courtyard it can sometimes, depending on the prevailing winds of course, cause small amounts of fumes to enter the kitchen and they don't like the smell.
It's a Worcester Danesmoor and I wondered if there's a way of re-directing the flue so that it rises like gas boiler do with a plume re-direction kit?

if its balanced flue i would say no you cant add anything to the flue

That's what I thought but as you can re-direct the pock on a gas boiler I thought that there might, just might, be a way of doing it with an oil boiler.

not on a balance flue (gas)

Is it condensing? If so fit a plume kit, if not then its an expensive job to reflue it.

You can get a plume kit for Grant boilers and I assume for most other manufacturers.
Grant one is fairly expensive for what it is and really only for when a customer wants a easy solution long after a flue is fitted. I think it is just the boiler gases flue part for to extend the plume. The air intake will remain at bottom original point.
Best way is ring Worcester technical for advice

Cheers Best, I did think that there might be something to divert the plume while allowing the air in still. I'll give tech a call tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plume relocation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'ts been a while but its time to call on you guys for some help and payback with a peppering of advice across the forum. I've got your typical ideal classic replacement: side exit flue small high cupboard Etc. I'm looking at regular boiler replacement and would normaly go for a baxi 600...
Replies
Views
Vaillant 838 to be fitted. Flue will end up on boundary line. Can a plume kit be fitted as solution? I've been told yes but I don't see how a plume kit suddenly makes the short distance ok. The plume will still discharge over the boundary line. I can direct the plume away from the boundary but...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance engineer, (fwiw can answer questions on popular smart home thermostat systems), but I've installed many solid fuel boilers in the last 40 years for...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler which is causing me lots of heartache and grief. About 3 months ago it locked out and wouldn't fire up when reset so I called out the local (but recently retired) engineer to see what he thought. He thought it was the pump so he serviced the...
Replies
Views
I have an Alpha Intec boiler installed on my loft wall. The flue goes horizontally from the top of the boiler and passes through the wall, exiting high up in the gable end. The boiler was installed about 6 years ago. My attached garage joins the gable wall directly below the flue. I had the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock