Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Monobloc Mixer Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pioneer1963

Good Evening, I've recently fitted a new monobloc mixer tap to the wash basin in the bathroom however when i turn the tap on water slowly leaks from the top of the tap. I've tried reducing the water flow to the tap but it doesnt seem to make any difference. Any idea if this can be rectified, thanks

I was hoping for a quick fix, the basin needs to come off the wall to change the tap and it's very awkward due to its position. I was wondering if I took the red/blue cap off and unscrewed the holding screw whether i could do something then

Where is it leaking from ?
do u have a picture ?
if u take it apart and make it worse, if it's new then contact supplier and tell them that u should be compensated for replacing.

If on the other hand these are cheap taps from the bay....then find leak and seal lol.

Al

is it the type with a screw in the back holding the spout on?

undo the screw and remove the spout, check the o rings are in good condition and grease up (sillycone grease) and refit.... see if that helps.

Faulty blue cartridge, or slight chance the brass holding nut needs tightening.

I would go with awheating's view on this matter, he beat me to it lol

If you take the packing gland out, slowly turn the water on , this normally is a good tip to remove debris and has worked for me then silicon rubber parts and put everything back together :)

Thanks for all the replies, I will remove the screw and spout tomorrow and have a closer look at the o rings and take it from there, will let you know

Most important will be the packing gland washer or the cartridge depending on what tap you got, good luck :) if you can post some pictures which helps ALOT more when you have a problem :)

I've taken a few photos of the tap assembly, the water is leaking up from the square in the centre, i've tried tightening the brass nut but it has not made any difference DSCF2163.jpgDSCF2162.jpgDSCF2161.jpg

Thanks for that Steve, can you advise what the cartridge is and if its a part i can buy in a local diy store like B&Q

Thanks Phil, Can the cartridge be replaced with the tap in situ without disconnecting any of the flexi hoses from below as access is very, very limited and the basin needs to come off the wall if any attachments need to be disconnected

Turn water off and crack open the brass nut you'll need decent grips or adjustable and remove cartridge.

No need to mess underneath.

Turn water off and crack open the brass nut you'll need decent grips or adjustable and remove cartridge.

No need to mess underneath.

Thanks again Phil,can you tell me which part of the cartridge I am measuring to determine whether it is 35 or 40mm

Hi, useful thread thanks. Mine was a similar internal leak, on a BRAND NEW Kadya MT3006 basin mixer. This new one just had the large top-nut a bit loose, and was allowing water past the bottom seals (between the cartridge and the internal centre "floor" where the outlet ports line up with the bottom of the cartridge). The thin blue seals are only just proud of the cartridge base, so need to be pressed well down by that retaining nut (in this make anyway)!! The water can find its way out via the small locating holes for the base of the cartridge, and these holes are just "open" to the hollow tap body (hence water can leak from the bottom of the tap - hard to spot unless you have a small mirror and torch handy). Strangely enough, the new one is replacing a 3 year old one of the same make and model, with a very similar internal leak (but that one has an older design, with a slotted ring, rather than a 22mm HEX - and a special tool is needed to remove it). Thanks for the useful link too, very useful for spare cartridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Monobloc Mixer Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace it with a mixer tap one if I paid the difference? (I'm guessing no but it's worth a try). How much more complicated and time consuming is it to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap cold/hot water feed is connected via connectors/fittings as shown in attached picture. Can anyone please advise how to disconnect tap from these fittings as...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock