Search the forum,

Discuss having a web site in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

so-solar

If you have aplumbing and heating business web site, Has it been beneficial to yourselves?

What percentage of work load increase have you had?

Regards

Paul

ive been up and running only a few months and the website the same. i've had 2 jobs come through on a email but don't know how have had my number from the website

Definitely beneficial. Even if you don't have customers directly from it, many people look you up to check you're bona fide and to see what sort of work you do.

Lots of info here

Web Design Staffordshire - WebPorter Web Design Staffordshire

I keep thinking of starting one,probably get round to it over the next 5 or 10 years,don't like to rush in ;)

same here puddle, been thinking about getting one for 2 years now, still not bothered tho. the sign on the van turned out to be a waste of money to, only had 4 confirmed jobs from people seeing my van sign since i had it done which was 3 years ago.

Web sites are easy to set up but so difficult to get found by google properly. I made my on using Iweb its been good for business but I need to do a lot more work on it to get it found easier. You could go for the easy route and get a company like Business directory to make you one but they charge ÂŁ45 pound a month which I thought was a bit steep but its up to you.

My van pulls in loads of customers (from time to time). But I did spend around ÂŁ500 on vehicle wrap with a lovely picture of my leak - sorry, water drop.

I'd estimate a website design would cost around ÂŁ250 for a fairly basic one. Mine has a front page listing the areas I cover and the types of jobs and telephone numbers. Then there are a four other pages on boiler servicing, bathroom installations, list of qualifications and finally a page of photographs of various jobs (and one of my van too).

The home page is the most important with Google rankings which is why I have the basic information on it

I have worked with computers long before the internet so designed my own website and optimized it to appear high up the Google rankings. I just love asking people how they can beat the number one slot!!

Finally, I use Fasthosts to host the site on the internet and this costs about ÂŁ6 a month.

Oh and finally, finally ... most searches are for the name of my business and this is followed by "plumbers in ... " the various locations around my patch.

Finally, I use Fasthosts to host the site on the internet and this costs about ÂŁ6 a month.

Oh and finally, finally ... most searches are for the name of my business and this is followed by "plumbers in ... " the various locations around my patch.

Fasthosts are good, I never had a clue on web design, but a mate showed me the basics with half decent software and i learnt the rest myself, being top of google doesn't bother me so much, would be nice but dont you get a lot of nuisance calls? I went on yell.com for a year, a couple of proper custumers and lots (too many) of people trying to sell me stuff i didnt need.

The website is still improving but good ennough to point customers towards, for pictures, info on experience/quals and insurance details. plus you can get it listed on other sites which is good and it does get me more in one month than yell.com did in a year.

Not sure where i stand on van signage, never seemed to do much for me on old van except attract custards who thought i'd be chep, but got a nicer van now and will get round to it, maybe.

I don't bother with website links or Yell dot flamin' con (they're the only nuisance calls I receive!!)

cost 180ish to get my website designed by BT. They done a good job. Van sign writing looks proffessional when you turn up to do a job. Defo home page gets you up on google rankin with the right content. Plus links on FB, twitter, etc give more pathways to your website and increase ranking. If you put 'central heating' and the town i live in my company comes up 3rd i ranking.

the website is a glorified business card inles you know how to get it on free directories, get free links, use online advertising and web design tricks to get it uo in the search engine rankings.

Pay a local web designer to do it for you for ÂŁ300, and get them to do all the above for you - otherwise it aint worth spending more than ÂŁ50 on, as no one will find it unless you direct them to it!

i sometime do website for friends as collegues, to help out (as well as earn a bit on the side!) - as you can see my website is nice and proffessional and I designed that from the ground up, all the art and design done in photoshop too!

If you want I might be able to do one for you guys, just PM if you do - alas not busy enough at this time of year, so I do have some time on my hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to having a web site in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock