Search the forum,

Discuss Glow Worm Spacer Saver Replacement Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dandaman2234

Hi Guys,

At the moment our boiler (Glow Worm Spacer Saver RF) seems to be on its way out, there's quite a few weird 'clunking' noises coming from it now and again and I occasionally have to take the cover off it to free the fan up with WD40 or similar spray to get it to start up. About 4 days ago the boiler stopped working and we had to call a plumber out to see what was happening. It turned out to be a solenoid that wasn't turning on the gas valve (the ignitor would just spark for ever). He said there's a possibility that the part is obselete and would be hard to find (the boiler is from the mid 70's/80's I would imagine).

I've looked on the internet and apparently there's a scheme where the government gives households grants to upgrade their boilers. Is this any good? What type of boiler would be recommended for a replacement ? (Our current boiler is wall mounted and by the sounds of the regulations there might be a few alterations needed like a waste pipe for
condensed liquids as well as a larger gas pipe, although I might be wrong).

Thank you,
Dan

if ou want to use a grant then talk to the providers, if you want to pay fora decent job talk to an independant installer and you want a shock get a quote from BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm Spacer Saver Replacement Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock