Search the forum,

Discuss Franke O Ring help needed... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim_Brighton

Hiya All,
I'm hoping somebody can give me some advice please.

I've got a Franke Mythos mixer tap with a leak at the base of the spout. I think the fix is to replace the O ring kit.

But having removed the spout I have no idea where (or how) the new O-ring bits and pieces might fit on...

In the attached pic you can see the base of the removed spout and what looks like the same plastic pinch ring (in position) you can see in the new O-ring bits n pieces at the bottom of the pic. However where the two rubber seals and similarly sized plastic ring, and the new pinch ring goes beats me. Have the existing rubbers dissolved away? Does this spout end come apart in order to insert the new o rings????

Yep, I'm clueless.

Any and all help would be very welcome. And if you can help, please remember to explain this like you might explain it to a six-year old!!!!

Cheers in advance!

Attachments

• Franke spout & O ring.jpg
    Franke spout & O ring.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 113
I can't believe you started a thread for this... As above really...

I love both of your replies but I don't know which I like more...

Could it be the one that seems to suggest that New Threads are some how precious important things not to be wasted, or is the one that tells me to do what I want to do without explaining how?

Evidently it's so obvious that you'd prefer to take a pop rather than actually answer...

Just pull the old o-rings off, they will stretch a little to make it easy. The white (nylon) split ring should come off/go back easily as well. Can't see where the other white ring goes from your picture. It should be quite obvious where they all go - as long as you are sure you have the correct repair kit.....

I love both of your replies but I don't know which I like more...

Could it be the one that seems to suggest that New Threads are some how precious important things not to be wasted, or is the one that tells me to do what I want to do without explaining how?

Evidently it's so obvious that you'd prefer to take a pop rather than actually answer...

I would like to apologise for the sarcastic responses. In reply to your question take the old o rings off and.... Put the new ones on! :hurray:

wasnt being sarcastic, more factual, old off and new on, how else do you do it?

oh and you said the same as me from what I read ????????????

I'm pulling your leg you big Mary!

getting grumpy now, getting late, no drinking and no lifeboat shout, wasted evening all round. Plus some numpty put my mobile number on the station door for deliveries last week and some other numpty rang earlier for some upside down kayakers in the outer harbour, my curt reply was 999 if your worried and then the coasties will call us, now some fool has just called again so i have driven down to remove said notice and fool had left his stomach contents in the doorway. why cant those idiots go and drown themselves quietly?

Last edited by a moderator:
We are here to help - anyway thats my reason to be on here - now the answer is above just pop off the rubber rings and replace. If you are lucky Aldi sell a blue case of 100 + rubber rings of all
diff diameters for about £5.00 I bought loads for my lot - infact used one today for a similar
problem ........centralheatking . QUOTE=Tim_Brighton;547144]I love both of your replies but I don't know which I like more...

Evidently it's so obvious that you'd prefer to take a pop rather than actually answer...[/QUOTE]

getting grumpy now, getting late, no drinking and no lifeboat shout, wasted evening all round. Plus some numpty put my mobile number on the station door for deliveries last week and some other numpty rang earlier for some upside down kayakers in the outer harbour, my curt reply was 999 if your worried and then the coasties will call us, now some ****head has just called again so i have driven down to remove said notice and ****head had left his stomach contents in the doorway. why cant those idiots go and drown themselves quietly?

And breath. It's not good for you at your time of life. Now pour yourself an ovaltine and rock slowly in your chair!:wink5:

take off the old o rings and replace with new ones !!

how much clearer and consisely could I have been? no sarcasm intended just a bit puzzled as to the lack of comprehension of the op. maybe Im getting too grumpy in my old age and not appreciating the stupidity of the modern man that is now being bred.

He hasn't come back..... do you think he's done it now?

Thank you Crinkmeister, your comment re the plastic o-ring echoed part of my concerns. Where the hell does it go?

Anyway, rubber O's replaced, plastic split clip replaced (plastic o-ring unknown). But while the leak has stopped I can't get the spout to seat properly. It's currently about 2 to 3 mm proud of flush, where it was, and presumably that's why I can't get the Allen screw back in.

Any suggestions?

the missing nylon ring is probably sitting in the bottom of the hole

smear some silicone grease around the o-rings at the bottom of the spout and push hard to get the spout into the tap base, i'm sure that the o-rings go into grooves in the base.

OOOOOOOOh so exciting - I will follow your advice in the morning (if I am allowed) CHK
smear some silicone grease around the o-rings at the bottom of the spout and push hard to get the spout into the tap base, i'm sure that the o-rings go into grooves in the base.

I found it impossible to pull the handle off the shaft, until I heated it with a hot air gun. Then clamped a mole grip onto the shaft, protecting the shaft with a rubber strip, and tapped the handle off, by tapping the end of the mole grip with a hammer

TomR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Franke O Ring help needed... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock