Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler KW Rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Armo74

Hello,

Could someone please explain what is meant by the boiler KW input and how it is achieved. Also would i be right in thinking that the boiler KW output is how much power the boiler gives off?

Thankyou.

10kw input - the boiler consumes the amount of gas equivalent to 10 kw's per hour (based on the calorific value of the fuel)

9 kw output - the boiler transfer's this amount of energy into usable heat

90% efficiency - 10% of the energy contained within the gas is lost i;e out the flue etc

the input is the amount of energy it uses or amount of gas, and the output is the energy it gives out or heat. The boiler converts the energy in the gas to heat energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler KW Rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant boiler and want to set d.0 to something sensible, right now it is set to auto and can range from 6 kW to 37 kW. Adding up my radiators' heat output from the Stelrad website gives me 25.7 kW and my hot water cylinder coil rating it 23.9 kW. The Heat Geek Range Rating Method is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
I have large house, 6 beds, 3 reception, 3 showers: Vaillant ecotec plus 37 kW, 16 rads, 3 towel rails and hot water tank. Mostly just my wife and I and we "shut down" parts of the house, unless family visit, and run 8 rads, 2 towel rails and hot water tank. Based on what I have read it seems...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock