Search the forum,

Discuss Very strange central heating problem...advice needed please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dazzast

Hi All,

I have a Potterton Prima 60F and about a week ago I was getting power on the switched live when a call for heat was requested. I played around with the CH zone valve and the boiler started to fire so I thought all was well. It wasn't! I'm not a plumber by trade but am not bad at DIY electrics.

The issue I have at the moment is that when I select CH on all the time from the programmer the valve opens but the pump does not start. If I turn off the CH and turn on the HW from the programmer the pump starts up. Should it not be the other way around?

I have a HW cylinder and 2 x 2 way Tower zone valves.

Cheers
Daz

No such thing as diy electrics.

Need the testers out and trace the fault. Tower valves are pants.

Sometimes M valves open but wear in linkage means micro switch does not engage.

I agree , a screwdriver that lights up just doesnt cut it , best to get a qaulified electrician in b4 you set your house on fire , thats how accidents happen Daz
Welcome to the forum mate,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very strange central heating problem...advice needed please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock