Search the forum,

Discuss The Plumbing Academy, Kent - advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

castled

If there is anyone out there can give me some honest advice about the Plunbing Academy in Edenbridge, Kent I would really appreciate it.

I fininshed my professional plumbers course with Gas last november and have not looked back the place was great and the advice from the guys there was righ on the money and I was under no illusion what I needed to do to start a plumbing business. Now have 2 guys working for me and we are really motoring!
The Plumbing Academy trainers are really good and the facilities are excellent. The place is run by plumbers and it shows!
I can not fault it at all and I would suggest you go take a look and see for yourself.
If I can help in anyway drop me a line.

Hello Mate,
Thanks for the valuable advice.... I'm still confused whether to go with BTSC based in chessington or with the plumbing academy...as BTSC people are placing freshers like me for work placement where as the other ones are not which is going to be very important for me as i don't have any prior experience.
I want to do a complete course till the gas certification with either of them but still not convinced which one is better......

Hi All, New to the site and also about to book a course.
I did go to the plumbing academy last week and I too was very impressed with the set up. Spent about an hour or more with Jim looking round and watching people working on the various projects, giving me a good indication of what to expect. I have also been to able skills in Kent but from what I have seen and a little gut feeling I would go with the academy.

Hi Everyone,
I'm another newbie, I'm afraid, so I'm after info rather than being in position to offer advice.
Just wanted to say thanks to proplum for his entry about the Plumbing Academy in Kent. I have only just started looking for a plumbing course and wanted to get it all done under one roof up to and including gas. Nowhere else seems to measure up to what they are offering, in terms of qualification and preparatioin for the workplace.
I want somewhere where I can finish up ready to set up my own business and get going immediately.
The only problem for me is getting to Kent on a daily basis as I'm so far round the M25 I could choose either direction to get there! lol

As I find out more info I will definately post it in this forum, and any information would be gladly received.

Good luck to everyone looking to find the right training and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to share thier knowledge and offer any greatly needed advice.

Matt

Hi everyone,
Long time since I have been on here.
Hi Matt, thanks for the kind words much appreciated. If I can help I tell it as it is!
Have been very, very, busy over the past couple of months. Seems the bathroom work has drop off a little, really pleased I went onto Level 3 and Gas as the central heating and boiler work is going strong.
I am going to book the solar course at The Plumbing Academy hopefully making the next one if time permits. I was amazed when we put in a hot water, central heating and boiler backup system with a Solar panels (fitted by company) and when this company were there for only a day and found out what they had charged, you could have knocked me down with a feather! Need to get a piece of that action! Green energy is going to be a BIG Growth Area. However, you need to have your core plumbing skills in place and be at least City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ3, or as The Plumbing Academy state: The Professional Plumbers course, I think! Then it’s a short 3 Day course and you are, subject to registration, on your way! I will keep you all posted when I have done the course or have a found out more if anyone is interested?
Proplum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Plumbing Academy, Kent - advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock