Search the forum,

Discuss Service life of Glow Worm combi boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bernie2

What would you say was the average service life of a Glow Worm Exrafast combi boiler?

It has been regularly serviced and repaired, so how long should it last under normal use?

And do you know of any info Glow Worm publish on the expected service life of their products?:):):):)

this is the big output glow worm thats really a saunier duval i have replaced them after 3 years total rubbish imho

No list published as far as I know, but generally depends on spare parts availability.... approx 8 years reduced parts list, then 10-12 years obsolete.
Even less with mickey mouse manufactures.
Last time I heard a manufacture mention boiler life it was 10-12 max because of expected improvements in technology!!!!!!!!

I have an 8 year old, saunier duval combi, serviced twice in its life thus far and doing ok, its the last of the non condensing models, Ive beenwaiting for the plastic hydoblock to start leaking but ok to date. Same model with a gloworm badge my mate has has thus far had 2 new rpzvalves, hydroblock, various other bits replaced and serviced 5 times lol.

I argued with the service dept recently to replace his hydroblock for free even though it was out of warranty as it was a known manufacturing fault that it leaked and eventually they sent out an engineer to do the work free, their base charge to come out was over ÂŁ300,so persistance can work and i got paid to go and surpervice for 2 hours as he was away. what a win win situation that was. During the hassle they stated that their boilers are expected to be fault free for eight years!!!!!!!!!!!!! as if, so Im due some spare part purchases sooner rather than later

Last edited by a moderator:
12 years for a good one, 3 for a shed. I put in an glow worm xtra max when I was 21 for a mate, Its been in /12 years now, hes spent roughly ÂŁ600 on parts and labour for it but its still going, I service an alpha Ocean for my mrs mate every year, its 12+ years old and its like new inside, nothing crusty, nothing leaking. I replaced a ravenheat after 2yrs for a mate after somthing started leaking indide it destroying the pcb and all the internals, I replaced a 133he after 18mnths for his dad after the ceramic burner lifted and a treplacement part wasnt avaliable for 3 wks .I felt bad about the latter as it was me who recomended/fitted the baxi for him.

ah the 133he never fitted one wont work on one total tat ,the alpha ocean later became the baxi 105,ravenheats are tat,so are aristons most ferrolis(77ff and optima aside)have a cheek to be called boilers and the baxi bahama was a disaster from the word go

Last edited by a moderator:
ah the 133he never fitted one wont work on one total tat ,the alpha ocean later became the baxi 105
Which is why i wont fit anything baxi again unless supplied by the custard, the 105 was a family favourite though.

no complaints from me about the 105 or duotec however fitted 12 Bahamas 10+ years ago lost every custard never liked the look of the 133he worrying though as i did a baxi solo he a few months ago same heap same burner and heat exchanger,stayed with the 105/performa because the got it right with these but had to buy the design off ocean,duotec proving reliable mind no complaints but i woul given a choice fit the 105/performa every time Christ knows what the new 105 will be like wont buy it if its a heap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Service life of Glow Worm combi boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock