Search the forum,

Discuss Sealed system kits in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I want to install one of these when converting a vented to sealed system. The only issue being the boiler manufactorys ask for the prv to be fitted on the flow as close to the boiler as possible. However if installing this kit I would need to fit on the return, due to the expansion vessels required position. Due to this would I be better fitting the contols separately in to the system. Prv on flow. Expansion on the return. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210214_213932_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210214_213932_com.android.chrome.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 15
No issue fitting it on the return aslong as there’s no iso valves between it and the boiler

Correct normally a 4 port tee

Correct

system return
Filling loop
Expansion vessel
Blow off

Reply to Sealed system kits in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock