Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement bits and pieces for bathroom taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mum2Rose

Hello all...here is a contender for the stupidest question of the day!! :eek: The taps in the wash basin in the bathroom have black screw-in rubber ends where the water comes out and they are looking a bit worse for wear...are they able to be replaced at all or does that part come with the tap?
I have no clue what they would be called (washers?) so I haven't been able to find anything of any help by searching on-line...except details of this website!!
Appreciate any help you can give me...once you have stopped laughing at my dense-ness of course!! ;)
Thanks

they are flexible hoses I presume - the tap connector is at one end (with a rubber washer in it), and the other end joints to a copper pipe.
Like this?:
[DLMURL]http://www.plumbingsupplyservices.co.uk/acatalog/flexible-tap-cons.gif[/DLMURL]

If this is what you are talking about, then its dimensions would most likely be - 1/2" - 300mm - 15mm.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the poster is meaning the plastic strainers which go in the spout of some taps.

If you can get them out a good soak in vinegar will clean off limescale. Some branded taps have replacements available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement bits and pieces for bathroom taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock