Search the forum,

Discuss Range HE help - crazy bills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bmlccoll

Hi,

im sorry if this is the wrong forum but I really hope someone can help me.

I have a Kingston Range HE tank that connects to two immersion switches on the wall.
There are no timers - just the switches and the tank.

I've read that the switch connected to the upper part of the tank is for top up, whilst the bottom should be the Economy 7.

Over the last few months, I've done a few experiments to get this sorted but I really am having trouble figuring this out.

When the bottom immersion is on, the water still heats up during the day.
- my bills show day use
- using ALL the hot water results in hot water not long later (an hour or so)
so this switch can't surely be economy7.

The trouble is, the other switch behaves in exactly the same way and will heat up during the day too.

Because of this, I leave all switches off, and only have them on an hour before a bath.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be extremely grateful!

You need to get a Heating Engineer to test it for you or a Spark that deals with hot water systems

Your bottom immersion should be for economy 7, or cheaper rate electric. This will need to be left on. It will work at various times of the day depending on off peak times. ( Google how economy 7 works)
Your top one is just a back up, or to boost water when you gave run out of cheap rate water. This should be left in the off position and used when nessessery.

If the bottom heater works during the day then it needs a timer on it, set to bring it on overnight when E7 is available.
You'll need to find out if you are on E7, and what times it's available from your supplier.

If the bottom heater works during the day then it needs a timer on it, set to bring it on overnight when E7 is available.
You'll need to find out if you are on E7, and what times it's available from your supplier.
Economy 7 works any time of the day, so needs no timer. You get pulses of power on low national demand. This can be during the night , or at 2 in the afternoon.

You need Uswitch bud compare their recommended tariffs to yours also look at economy 10 aswell.

First check by your electric bill to see if you have economy 7 , dont assume you have it , your bill should show 2 readings.
Assuming you have it, do you live in a appartment block ? , quite a few have meter rooms where the meters are , they do the switching . If this is the case the economy 7 will not work during the day.

First check by your electric bill to see if you have economy 7 , dont assume you have it , your bill should show 2 readings.
Assuming you have it, do you live in a appartment block ? , quite a few have meter rooms where the meters are , they do the switching . If this is the case the economy 7 will not work during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Range HE help - crazy bills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock