Search the forum,

Discuss now registered! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
im registered on works gas safe now! so does that mean i can ask gas questions on here? who do i give my gas safe number too?

On the subject of being on the gas safe register. Would you recommend going on it even if you plan to work for a company who would put you on theirs? I've heard of people saying some companies don't like having employees who have their own gsr as it means they can be out doing homers etc. Just looking for a general idea. Thanks

a mate of mine went gsr on his own , paid all the set up fees for the first time company (think its around 600 for new company including one engineer) and then he got a job working for a nother company a few weeks after setting it all up , they insisted that he canceled his gsr account! so he lost all his money! or so he told me anyway!

Save your money if you are planning to work for someone.

Btw you should have it "if" you do homers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to now registered! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Gas safe registered but not for LPG. Have been asked to quote for a number of LPG boilers so if I get the job will do my LPG ticket. But was wondering if pipe sizing is different for LPG than natural gas.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Recently had a new heating system and unvented hot-water cylinder installed (conversion from vented with tank). Everything is working fine despite the installation being rushed at times. The 'main' guy (not the installer) from the company I used (with very good ratings) - can work with...
Replies
Views
Apparently my gas safe reg will get assigned to the ltd company (mine)? So I'm left with nothing myself if i ever sell or close down the company? How does it work with gas engineers working as employee for a company? They will be gas safe registered of course but I've heard that they can't do...
Replies
Views
DIY air conditioning system. I've got lots of plumbing experience and want to install my own a/c split system 3 to 1. I intend having it commissioned by an F Gas qualified company. When l tried to buy the system the supplier want all details of the F Gas registered 'installer' before releasing...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock