Search the forum,

Discuss ideal vogue or intergas combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive already asked a similar question, but my parents had a plumber visit today who is an intergas platinum installer, and hes thrown the conversation slightly and suggested my parents have an ideal vogue, as it has a 10 year warranty. my worry is looking at the installation manual it seems to have a plate to plate, which I know can be an absolute pig.

points to add:

its going in an existing system that's nearly 20 years old.

the mains water has about 250-300 ppm scale.

I've not any experience with intergas or hard water as one thing we do have in North of Scotland is plenty cold weather and brilliant water. So phexs are never an issue. What warranty are u being offered from the intergas ??
If the intergas installer is telling you to go with the vogue then go for it

Intergas every time, a bit left field but solid. I just don't trust ideals.

Ideal Logic +. The Vogue is an 'untested' product. I will avoid at all cost. You musn't tell Ray I said that. I hear there is a holiday to America if one buys a Vogue.

A plate is an easy change on a vogue and will be about £64 plus the hat. Fit a water softner as you will be required to on most boilers. Intergash - £275 plus seals for a new hex

What I mean is vogue it up. Water won't be an issue as you have to soften it anyway for the DHW. Don't use softened water in the CH tho! - you will need an external filling loop and a dedicated cold supply.

Last edited by a moderator:
they've got one of those electronic things. they've had it since the place was built, and I should think the current hex has been in about 12 years and still flows hot water.

did the old swiftflows have a different setup?

A plate is an easy change on a vogue and will be about £64 plus the hat. Fit a water softner as you will be required to on most boilers. Intergash - £275 plus seals for a new hex

What I mean is vogue it up. Water won't be an issue as you have to soften it anyway for the DHW. Don't use softened water in the CH tho! - you will need an external filling loop and a dedicated cold supply.
Wide copper waterways, easy to descale if required, unlike others. Not one failed yet in 20 yrs

Last edited:
Vokera, ravenheat old heatlines all have similar hex design. Always seem to scale up and always more viable to replace boiler.

thanks all.

think my parents, and probably me later on (albeit a system boiler), are gonna go intergas.

I like the look of the internals, uncomplicated, unlike the vogue which looks like a optimus prime blown up into pieces.

there old swiftflow must have been running the current hex for over 12 years and still ran hot water until it packed up.

that said is it worth fitting a combi mate or similar poly dosing system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal vogue or intergas combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock