Search the forum,

Discuss glow worm filling loops on the cxi models in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all,

ive come accross a couple of glow worm cxi's which have been buggers to fill up using the filling loop. one would only go up to 0.8 bar (the mains was 2.5 bar so no idea there) and the other was already at 0.7 bar but would not fill at all. now it does state in the glow worm manuals that a SECOND external loop is needed to fill to 1.1 bar but every glowworm cxi i have ever seen has never had an external/second filling loop. just wondered if this is a common problem and if so is it a fixable one or do the loops generally need replacing?

or is it the nrz at fault?

coincidence or what? just come off the phone to a mate of mine complaining of the same problem looked it up for him as no m.i left at the premises pdf file says built in loop only suitable to top up, requires secondary loop fitted to fill from empty.As per usual its a love
job just so he can install a couple of extra rads to the system still it could be worse it could
have been me having to do it for nowt!:)regards turnpin

it is a common problem,the loop inserts available as a spare try here [DLMURL="http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/Catalogue/GLOW-WORM/GLOW-WORM-Combi-Boilers/Ci-COMBI-Range/24Ci-combi/FILLING-VALVE-PLASTIC-"]24Ci combi - Gas Appliance Spares (Preston) Ltd[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to glow worm filling loops on the cxi models in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock