Search the forum,

Discuss Domestic water softener in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Millsyaw

Hi there am looking to install, or have installed a water softener. Fairly hard water where I live and my daughters are struggling a little bit now with a dry skin. Can anyone recommend best ones to have either for me to do myself (quite competent around plumbing) or to have installed. Thanks for your time, Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a number of threads here, do a search and you will get much information. But in essence think of a water softener as a long term (20+ year investment), go for the best that you can afford - twin cylinder (non electric) and block salt are the bees knees!

Get an Ion-exchange water softener, stay away from Kinetico as they are too expensive and not that reliable.

On the contrary, my Kinetico has been working reliably and giving me soft water, both here and in France for 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestic water softener in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is there a definitive answer to this? We have a stainless steel everflo unvented cylinder hooked up to a Worcester Bosch boiler, and are thinking of getting a water softener as were in quite a hard water area. I've looked around, but can't seem to find a clear answer as to whether a water...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the story: we live on a farm in southeast PA. Our well is 60' deep with the water table around 10'. Two houses supplied from the same well. One day I...
Replies
Views
Hello Would love some general guidance on what I should be looking out for in the market when purchasing a water softener? I live in a 2 bed flat, with just me and my partner, and would like to think we are 'water considerate'. We've never owned a dishwasher, so benefit of the device is...
Replies
Views
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow cylinder 25mm mains pipe work with 22mm onwards. I put the softener before the prv which was pre installed with the unvented cylinder as the rep said...
Replies
Views
Hi People, So, I'm looking to fit a new Monarch Midi HE water softener, upstairs bathroom suite, downstairs WC suite and probably replace the existing Telford 900x450 indirect grade 3 water cylinder, like for like. I'm doing this for my girlfriend, who has recently had a new Worcester Greenstar...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock