Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler in loft - gas pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I plan to have my new boiler fitted in the loft, but I've been told that some people who have done have not had the pressure required in a higher location for the boiler to light. What is the likelyhood of this posing a problem to me? Is this something that is a common issue?

I have 22mm running through the house so there was talk with the gas fitter that he could use some of the 22mm I have in stock and run that to the loft. The gas fitter hasn't mention pressure, it was actually my dad who told me that his neighbour had a boiler fitted upstairs (not as far as the loft) and had to have the gas main upgraded to give enough pressure for the boiler to light.

in my experiance i have found that depending on the amount of other gs appliances in the property the gas pipe has to be upgraded and this can only be checked by the gas pipe sizeing calculation that should be carried out as a standard practice in order to get the correct gas pressure for the boiler

in my experiance i have found that depending on the amount of other gs appliances in the property the gas pipe has to be upgraded and this can only be checked by the gas pipe sizeing calculation that should be carried out as a standard practice in order to get the correct gas pressure for the boiler

Is that the gas pipe from the meter into the house or the gas pipe to the meter?

Never heard of height effecting gas pressure before! The gas supply is sealed so gravity will have no effect and gas is lighter than air anyway

I think the issue is the distance rather than the height, which will require pipe sizing to take into account frictional loss through the pipe itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler in loft - gas pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock