Search the forum,

Discuss Modena 80E random heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Harris500

Hello everyone,

I have this 8 year old combi boiler installed in our flat. The problem is that regardless of the timer and the temp dial to 0, the boiler ignites and the raditor lights comes on and then goes off after after few minutes, without anyone using the tap! In the timer, the heating is disabled.

A local plumber told me it could be due to two reasons:

A) Faulty sensor, which thinks it's too cold and initiates heating disregarding the timer. He tells me that sensors comes in pairs for £20

B) Faulty Timer.

Not sure if he is telling the truth or not or just trying rip me off. I'm relying on you people who have some expertise, to advise me.

It's so annoying that sometime we switch it off, as it comes on randomly day and night.

Thanks very much.

if the timers strapped out you have a faulty thermistor,as your gsr says change both but he could easily prove if it was the timer by linking both black wires and soak testing the timer

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys for the replies.:)

So you're saying it could be both not just either of them. Is the thermister same as the sensor?

Thanks.

Thanks Guys for the replies.:)

So you're saying it could be both not just either of them. Is the thermister same as the sensor?

Thanks.
yes thermistor,ntc,sensor all the same thing its likely just ch one gone but makes sense to do both as they are so problematic on the ferroli

Let me know how you get on. I've got exactly the same problem with exactly the same boiler. Only noticed it since I've tried to shut the heating off in the last couple of weeks. It's doing my nut in! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Modena 80E random heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock