Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer show bangs ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

THECULLINANES

Hello,
Please could someone give me some advise.
We have a combi boiler but for some reason the previous occupants left the cold water tape in the loft.
We changed the shower to a mixer shower and ever since the shower bangs when being used. The tap are fine but the shower really bangs.
The water will come out and all of a sudden it starts to spurt and bang, eventually it will stop, the water will shoot out cold then gradually warm up.
I am wondering if it could be due to the hot being of the mains and the cold of the water tank....
My question is do you think that if we got the tank disconnected and ran the cold of the main also it would stop the banging?
All advise appreciate,
Thanks you
kelly

Welcome to the forum.

Your shower has not been fitted in line with the manufactures instructions so it's not going to work correctly. Get it fitted (or fit it) properly and you should find that it will work as designed.

I thought it had been fitted correctly by a qualified plumber... I found the instructions, it does state it can be used with a balanced combi boiler system but it the cold comes from the tank, am I presuming it is not balanced?
Thank you

Your presumptions are right mate. Get him back to put it right, he's taken the lazy route by pulling in a cold supply from the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer show bangs ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock