Search the forum,

Discuss Main Multi Point FF playing up update. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
So got sent back today.

Tested the temperature sensors 10 - 15 kohms = ok
Brand new flow turbine = no change
Removed combustion chamber and burner and cleaned.
Removed water inlet filter and cleaned - lots of hard build up and seemed to slightly improve operation, now will run for as long as 2 minutes before it goes off but problem still not solved.
Inlet pressure 17mb fine after confirming with Technical.

Driving me mental.

Starting to think flame detection, gas valve or pcb - but how do i know without changing each one?!

I know these are simple appliances but i'm stumped.

Have you rang main up to see what they suggest?

I have called them 4 times, they suggested the air pressure switch was dropping out but said if i bridge across the wires at the pressure switch which i tried and it still continues this problem it can't be that.

No blocked flue

no stiff fan

gas valve unlikely they said.

They said the fact it's not going to lock out means everything is working as it should be!. they suggested a strip down and clean which i have now done and the problem is still happening just not so bad but still bad enough to be an inconvenience.

All wires connected properly.

Jobs like this do my confidence no good.

I have called them 4 times, they suggested the air pressure switch was dropping out but said if i bridge across the wires at the pressure switch which i tried and it still continues this problem it can't be that.

No blocked flue

no stiff fan

gas valve unlikely they said.

They said the fact it's not going to lock out means everything is working as it should be!. they suggested a strip down and clean which i have now done and the problem is still happening just not so bad but still bad enough to be an inconvenience.

All wires connected properly.

Jobs like this do my confidence no good.

If they say its unlikely the gas valve, but it hasn't been ruled out and everything else has, id go over everything then be looking at the gas valve being the fault,

I wouldn't let it knock your confidence, fault findings a skill that can only be improved with time and experience

If they say its unlikely the gas valve, but it hasn't been ruled out and everything else has, id go over everything then be looking at the gas valve being the fault,

I wouldn't let it knock your confidence, fault findings a skill that can only be improved with time and experience

+1 experience is key eg you been to something like it before and you know where to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main Multi Point FF playing up update. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Hi All I know I know ... another HE24 LF code problem. Fix is replace boiler ;-) My problem is slightly different to other posts I've been reading in that the boiler works fine for 95% of the time. It will often go a few days then we get the LF code. We hit reset and it always always...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and gain experience- mainly do inspections and safety checks etc, have been on the Baxi fault-finding course relatively recently, don't profess to know it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys been sent to this property a few times Their water heater keeps playing up, until today when ever i have been there it has been working fine. Today I got sent there and it would light for a few seconds then go off, relight then go off and so on. About 2 months ago we upgraded the gas...
Replies
Views
N
Hello, My first post and in need of help please so a big HELLO to all you lovely people :D I have a Grant Combi MkII 70 with a Riello 50 70 RDB burner. The boiler has been giving poor performance recently by delivering little hot water. I have serviced the boiler to a point and it has...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock