Search the forum,

Discuss Ciphe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sijaysee

hi i have just completed my level 2 plumbing tech cert at college but not the nvq side as im working as a builder and not a plumber. we do a lot of plumbing though in our workplace and have installed solar thermal and condensing boilers etc. The company we subcontract to is led by someone who is apparently not a qualified plumber but who is a member of CHPHE and he has put a young apprentice through his nvq up to level 3 in the past. The question i wanted to know is have things changed or could he do the same for me?

oh right so how is that possible if he has no plumbing qualifications? just wondering

Not sure now but you could join the IOP/CIPHE with no qualifications as long as you could prove experience and training and I believe you was inspected at work.

Lets face it, it is probably a bonus 'not' to have any qualifications if the posts on this site are anything to go by.

CIPHE have differing routes for members. They have professional standards inspectors that are regional, and will assess a candidates suitability for membership. I have never had a problem with this, as there are many people out there doing the job to high standards, that have not had the wool pulled over their eyes with regard to qualifications.

If you are a plumbing student, CIPHE also do student membership, which will keep you in the loop for free training, through their regional branches - I think its less than £20 for students.

oh right so how is that possible if he has no plumbing qualifications? just wondering

yes, he isnt assessing you just confirming you have done the work, the assessor from college will then assess you and your evidence

He may have engineering qualifications, higher level qualifications, possibly even an honours degree in engineering or a similar discipline. I don't have any formal plumbing qualifications but am fully qualified in fluids engineering and pipeline to honors degree level, not to mention files of technical certs. This encompasses a huge part of the standard plumbing course under Year 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ciphe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
D
I have been given a quote to fix a noisy tap. Apparently they have to “replace breech to main shower” — which I understand to mean the thing one level behind any normal work on a tap. (“It is worn down and still has a small crack in it.”) “This will have to be done through the Gyprock wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water, so we have the main water tank in the airing cupboard, plus a small pressurised (I think) tank. The smaller one has been leaking for several years leaving rusty water on the outside & on towels in the cupboard. The system also keeps losing pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock