Search the forum,

Discuss Checkatrade members am I being fobbed off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
After seeing another plumbing van with Checkatrade I did a quick search in the area being nosey basically and I came up 4th, so had a quick look at the other companies and when there last reviews were and mine is the most recent.

When I phoned them up and asked why I wasn't top I was told that it was because of the area as well to which I replied that I live closer to the searched area by about 7 miles than 2 of the other companies and the 3rd was in the town I searched to which she couldn't explain why.

I tried to explain that when I took it out over a year ago I was told that it goes on the last review in that area is top so therefore should be me, but I kept getting told that it is also down to the area as well. When I first started I was forever above this other company even though I'd search in Truro but now I'm not.

Who is right me or them? Should it be on the last review in that area or does it now bring up the closest first?

I've never found the search results follow any obvious or logical parameters. There will be pre-set reasons why they come in the order they do but who knows what dark forces or sneaky underhand self-interest manipulations are behind them.

I was told it goes off the last review date so if we both covered the same area and I had a review on the 1st and you had a review on the 2nd then you would be top if I then got a review for the 3rd I would go top. But I must be wrong?

That's never looked like how results are ordered when I search. Might vary for area to area I suppose. How often have you done searches and checked where your own results appear?

Recently today lol for the first 6 months I checked it at least once a week and that is how it seemed to be

well thats upset me!, thinking they are just in it to make money of your back to their own rules to suit
glad i have never been inclined to pay an agent for the work...wait a minute, i have 3 agents who pay me to work???/!
btw, 'wich' are doing it as well. think its ÂŁ200 a month (?) to tell people you know what your doing!!

why not get your own website and use the money you pay checkascam to get first page on google rankings:cool4:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Checkatrade members am I being fobbed off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, The kitchen sink in the property we are renting drains really slowly, and I was hoping to remedy or alleviate this with some educated advice. In addition to draining slowly, the sink also back fills when the washing machine pumps water out. I have had the initial undersink work...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock