Search the forum,

Discuss worcs bosch 24i to 34/38i ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

i've got a worc 24i at 9l which is about 5 years old, from reading specs the only difference on the 34/38i is the litres flow rate, i'm presuming this is just one part in there that makes the difference? Can a 24 be "converted" to a 34/38 with some swap of a part, so I can get a much better shower?

different internals so new boiler

You may as well crack on with it yourself, what do we know.....
Just make sure your family & neighbours have moved over 100mtrs away & then i can read about it in the papers & have a chuckle. Darwins theory of evolution will prove right...........

i've got a worc 24i at 9l which is about 5 years old, from reading specs the only difference on the 34/38i is the litres flow rate, i'm presuming this is just one part in there that makes the difference? Can a 24 be "converted" to a 34/38 with some swap of a part, so I can get a much better shower?

Yes, the answer is purchasing a new boiler.

Dont worry you only have a couple of years left in your WB boiler anyway, and a new WB will be bust and ready to update after another 7 years.

Iā€™m pretty sure the 24i can be converted to a 30i. I think it just need a change of code plug and possibly a different flow restrictor.
The work would obviously need to be done by a Gas Safe Engineer. Iā€™d say itā€™s worth your chosen engineer speaking to Worcester Bosch to see if and how it could be done.

don't think that increases the flow of the DHW?
Yes. If you are able to fit a flow restrictor with a higher flow rating then youā€™ll get more water through the boiler. You need to measure the flow rate youā€™re currently getting out of the rising main of course, to make sure itā€™s worth doing.
The code plug just makes the fan spin faster and so the Boiker burns more gas. This heat extra heat energy is exchanged into your increased water flow and hey presto.
All parts would need to be Worcester genuine parts and fitted by a Gas Safe Engineer.
I know for a fact this used to work with Worcester I junior boilers. Iā€™m not 100% about the new Greenstar I range...but itā€™s worth finding out :)

Reply to worcs bosch 24i to 34/38i ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock