Search the forum,

Discuss Wet underfloor heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MARIE1

My underfloor heating is set at 21 on the stat but the floor area feels cold to touch. I was expecting to feel a little warmth from it. I have since discovered that my builder has laid a 30sqm pack over a 50sqm area. Is this as bad as it sounds? Thanks in advance

Unfortunately - Yes.
Were there any heatload calculations done?

Do you have any photos of the piping at the time of installation?

Sounds like an expensive error you can either get it redone or pursue "builder" to try and get some money off. Begs the question why they didn't use an experienced plumber. See so many poorly installed ufhs by builders who think it's just a case of throwing it in

There's no such thing as a 30m2 pack... As ... It all depends upon the heat loss of the room, the designed flow temperature, and possibly the heat source.

Ask him for the heat loss calculations.

Old leaky buildings like the one I surveyed today, 150W/m2 house size 80m2 heat load 12kW
Then there's the new build we're working on 450m2 , 26W/m2 Heat load 12kW

The design and installations are completely different... (the first isn't suitable for ufh, the second we have to cool the house in the summer...)

What length of pipe did he install, how many loops, serpentine or snail,

What was the designed flow temperature for the underfloor heating?
Has he connected the flow and return the wrong way round?
Is the TMV on the manifold configured correctly?
Does the underfloor heating have it's own circulation pump?
Did he just tap off the existing heating circuits?
Are there in screed stats or just air stats?

Its a pity there arent more like worcester out there, too many doing things they dont understand! ps I dont touch ufh, as I know fa bout it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet underfloor heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock