Search the forum,

Discuss Valliant Vsmart or Vrt350F ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
I'm not familiar with either but I've been asked to update controls on a Vaillant combi system, client hasn't asked for weather comp but I'd like to offer it, are there any issues with either?

V Smart is more phone based to program the settings. It also learns the users heating profile, knows when they are out. Calculates the time it will take to heat to a certain temperature to come on early. Doesn't have a weather comp as such. Uses the internet to work out the outside temperature via the post code and triangulates the weather using weather stations near by, to around 1 degree (so vaillant claim) You can still use the box on the wall to increase and decrease temperature. But the majority of the programs comes from either computer input or using the phone app.

The VRT350 is a programmable room stat. Still uses vaillants ebus (same as Vsmart) to control modulation of the boiler but cant be controlled via the phone.

Depends if your custard wants a smart phone based heating control. Like nest for example. Or a programable stat like the Honeywell cm907.

Hope that makes sense

A bit late in the day, but although I'm not exactly familiar with either control, I should make sure that you take a real good look at them as I've fitted several of their wireless programmable stats at the customers request and it's easier to launch the space shuttle than programme one. Customer in particular gave up and now just switches it on and off manually.

As above. I really like Vaillant boilers, but thier controls are just too complicated.

Thanks fellas, I suppose that's really what I really wanted to know...interface design has a lot to be desired the more complex they become but which one is easiest to use?

I'll download it myself and have a play but surely the Vsmart app must be the more straightforward'ish to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valliant Vsmart or Vrt350F ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock