Search the forum,

Discuss Tightening a monobloc mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kadiebiz

Hi brand new to the forum so would appreciate any help on this one! Trying to tighten up a monobloc ceramic mixer tap with a swivel body and spout (images included) by tightening the long nut underneath the sink! But in this case the whole tap tightens up stopping the spout from turning side to side, any ideas would be gratefully received!! cheers Copy of P1060059.JPG Copy of P1060060.JPG

Have you left out a spacer / large washer?

Never had that before, like rpm says maybe a washer missed out, but I would have thought they would be factory fitted!

Is it a good quality tap? It may be faulty...

Did one for my little sis last year and I think there were 2 in the pack, 1 metal and 1 plastic that sat between the sink face and under the bottom of the tap OR are you using the original screw / bolt that might be longer than the one that came with the new tap. Other than that I`m out!

The spout that you say can not swivel one way or the other, can you check the back of that to see it there is a screw there? If there is, has it been ''over tightened''? hhhmmmmm

thanks for the replies! trying to sort the tap for a friend, and 2nd time has been looked at since being fitted approx 5 years ago but last inspection only partially cured it so not sure what was done..and friend can't remember. You can see from picture no major signs of corrosion. Have done a different type before with no problem but was just a case of tightening a nut on a thread as opposed to a long shaped bolt, as is the case with this one. Not sure of the makeup of this tap or what is pulling it together. Looks good quality, not a qualified plumber so don't want to meddle with the inner workings unless someone knows this specific type of tap and thinks its a simple enough task, thanks for replies though

There isn't a screw at the back and spout moves ok until tightening of the long bolt underneath the sink! cheers

is this a new tap?
or are you just trying to tighten up the existing?

if it's new then I would be going with a spacer not in the right position.
if its existing, same answer. or something has perished.

maybe time to take it out, have a look and work out what is happening

I'm thinking down the perished route myself now! as this is an existing tap so you could well be correct and something needs replacing! Guess if the tap needs replacing anyway I may as well isolate and take a look, thanks all

I'm thinking down the perished route myself now! as this is an existing tap so you could well be correct and something needs replacing! Guess if the tap needs replacing anyway I may as well isolate and take a look, thanks all

go to your local plumbers merchants buy a set of long tube hex spanners,Rothenberger make them for under a tenner,best tool for job,bought a set last week for a loose tap in my own gaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tightening a monobloc mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock