Search the forum,

Discuss Smart meter installed correctly? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

An OVO fitter installed a gas meter and said we would smell gas for 24-48 hours. I took a look in the meter box and saw a load of putty and sealant around pipe that goes into the property. Just wondered if this looks like it's been done correctly? Or if we should get it looked at.20191121_165857.jpg20191121_165850.jpg

I think you know the answer meter installers are only qualified to swap the meter you can see why 5 minutes would sort the mess out think he got a bit carried away with the putty . Kop

I think you know the answer meter installers are only qualified to swap the meter you can see why 5 minutes would sort the mess out think he got a bit carried away with the putty . Kop

Thanks for taking a look. It looks like a mess to me. Couldn't tell if he was just trying to fill the hole he'd drilled in the wall or if he was bodging a bad fitting with putty. You think it's worth getting someone local to have a quick look?

Not the tidiest job but nothing to worry about. The old mastic has melted due to heat (Let me guess the meter box is in direct sunlight?). The bonding clip makes it a pain in the arse to be fair. The meter fitter has to seal any holes , he/she doesn't have to spend half an hour cutting away the old stuff, it is your outlet pipe after all.

Reply to Smart meter installed correctly? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock