Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with vaillant turbomax vuw282 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Just looked at an old vaillant turbomax. Set the boiler calling for heat and burner dosent light. So removed front cover and instantly sparks and lights for 30 seconds then goes out a few seconds later repeats lights 30 seconds and goes out.
The pumps ok and the fan runs, I pulled fan apart to check for obstructions blew through to venture from aps all seems clear. Checked continuity on heat stat all ok. Cleaned spark electrodes. Now its lighting for 5 seconds and going out cycling with 20 sec gaps. Im assuming its the air pressure switch as it lit when I opened it up to the air in the room. Ive got myself confused as every time I pull it apart it behaves slightly differently. I still suspect the aps. Any ideas or advice appreciated. Ta.

You need to look at air pressure issues:-
Seal, flue (in and out), fan, heat ex, venturi, air pressure switch, tubes etc.
Along with Gas pressure on min and max rate. 2mb - 10.6mb.
Start with those things and you'll most likely sort it.

Finallly got it solved. When I returned the pump and fan ran but now not even a spark. I rang vaillant and they wanted me to replace circuit board because fan light on front was not coming on. This didn't make sense. I went through the whole flue system again. I measured pressure difference on venturi and got 1 mb. I mention this to vaillant not a problem to them. I cleaned it all again changed pressure switch to be sure and all fired up nicely. Venturi pressure back up to 5mb even though I didnt find any obvious problem.....

Reply to Problem with vaillant turbomax vuw282 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock