Search the forum,

Discuss Forgot to put on plume kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Long story short I fitted a boiler for landlord last year and they were adamant they were to supply everything. At the end of it I mentioned it needed a plume kit to take it further out from the neighbouring house . It was 200 mm away said it needed 300 mm minimum gave them the product code and said I will fit it next day.

They never picked it up and I never got back into the property and I forgot all about it after time passed. As usual with landlords we fell out and year later this has been flashed up by them.
Said I will go back to fit it but reckon they are going to get funny about it.

Collectives thoughts please ( I do admit it's my fault for not making sure I get back in)

Deal direct with landlord

It is the landlord , fell out with them few months ago over a condensate pipe om a llsc on another property they had . They didn't respond to the word no very well and it's been like a witch hunt since.

Bit concerned if they call gas safe out and they say fit plume kit and I get a charge for an inspection. Even tho I have offered to fit one

Flueing issues are a minefield bud I got reported to gas safe a few years back it all got resolved but the neighbour was a right pain in the arse , he had BG fit a boiler in his kitchen and ran the flue internally 3m looked terrible, I went straight out and added a plume kit he was adamant it was not allowed so played up , tread carefully here bud dont admit to blame for anything and get everything in writing or at least email . Best of luck kop

Reply to Forgot to put on plume kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. The flue from my glowworm CXi boiler sticks out the side wall of our house in front of the kitchen window. It's around a metre away so isn't a safety issue, but it's a bit annoying all the same as it's directly in the line of sight. A bit of research suggests that a 'plume...
Replies
Views
I've been approved for a new boiler on the scheme. My old Greenstar 28i Junior mark 3 has been great. They're fitting a replacement Greenstar 30i. However there's some high charges extra for a new flue, new brackets, flashing kit and other bits and bobs. This is around ÂŁ300. A few services ago...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Love
Hi ladies and gents, Just thought I'd give you a laugh. As some of you are aware, I'm currently the owner of a newsagent's shop out in the sticks in Italy. Very long story, but I didn't want to close an 80-year old business if I didn't have to. It was never part of the plan and I intend to...
Replies
Views
Hi all i have an odd one, i have had one like this before but would like to know the reasoning behind it if there are any explanations. My customer has had a bath installed a year and a half ago but has had no constant hot water through the tap since it came out of the box. She has put up with...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the above postcode. She's lives abroad and is stuck, and I am in a similar situation. Existing boiler is a Thorn Apollo heat-only open-vented boiler fitted on external kitchen wall running on a Y or S plan with vented cylinder. Seems to reaching end of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock