Search the forum,

Discuss Faulty 2 port valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I am bonkers

In another thread doitmyself gave me helpful advice on how to check the wiring on my faulty Tower 2 port valve. All feeds seem fine but the valve doesn't fully close and it doesn't always switch the pump and boiler on. Doitmyself suggested taking the actuator off and checking that the valve spindle turns easily.

I've removed the actuator motor (which turns on and off OK via the thermostat) but I can't see a spindle. Do I remove the 3 bolts holding in postion the plate which I can now see, or will it all fall apart?

I suspect that the spindle isn't turning far enough one way to fully close the valve and not far enough the other way to close the microswitch contacts.

Any advice much appreciated.

Take it apart and clean out any fluff or crud on the mechanism and maybe check for any play in the switches.[ I had a 5 series that the windscreen wipers didnt work as they shound.-removed switch, dismantled and found the contacts worn over time-cleaned and bent them slightly to give better contact].
This may work or local plumber may suggest something else.Maybe upgrading valve.Try calling one as there is lot of work e.g correct wiring , water etc

Thanks. Tried cleaning out, wd etc and got the spindle moving more freely but not enough for reliable working. Propose to replace with Sunvic MoMo valve. Motor on Motor off looks to be good principle. Sunvic technical tell me completely compatible.

To be honest if it were me, I'd just replace the whole unit. I can't stand all the faffing about. Change it and be done with it.........just like women (can't say that really but can't stop myself)

the amount of time it sounds like your spending on it just change it ????

Thanks. Tried cleaning out, wd etc and got the spindle moving more freely but not enough for reliable working. Propose to replace with Sunvic MoMo valve. Motor on Motor off looks to be good principle. Sunvic technical tell me completely compatible.
replace it like for like momo is diferent wiring

replace it like for like momo is diferent wiring
Greatest of respect Steve.. you're the professional.... I'm not. However, I rang Sunvic this morning as I had already decided to replace the valve and momo seemed a good idea. They assured me that their momo valve had the same industry standard wiring arrangement as the Tower except that the earth isn't needed in this case.

p14 of http://www.sunvic.co.uk/Sunvic_Catalogue.pdf backs this up.

Is there anything against momo in principle or reliability factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty 2 port valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock