Search the forum,

Discuss Ciphe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
anyone who is a member how long did it take for you once accepted to get your membership details etc ? and do you include the letters after your name ? :rolleyes2:

I can't remember exactly but not long, and yes I do include letters after my name on emails letterheads and other stationary (MCIPHE, RP)

I will have EngTech after my name and RP at the moment, although I'm asking about heating aswell as I do alot of heating work.

The heating designation is a fairly new one, RP has be around for years.

Well done with the Eng Tech

i was suprised myself, not quite sure what kind of benefits it will bring though lol

Just had a look on the ciphe website and I will apply for EngTech my C&G Advanced craft certificate is all i need, I am sure it was harder to get a few years ago otherwise i would have applied then. How much extra for the EngTech?

ÂŁ40, all you need is NVQ3 or equivelent to get it, its quite good to have aswell being recognised as an engineering technican, after all your dealing with designing, commissioning and repairing boilers & heatin systems etc, I'm hoping it will help me get into a college or uni to do a mechanical engineering course.

Before the institute was chartered you had to have an on site inspection from the engineering council aswel

Well done on the EngTech Gerry. Like Ecowarm I use mine on emails and some stationary. I was looking at RHP as well, just never got round to it.

Oh yeah, you will also be able to sign off on the boiler scrappage scheme up here now.

that's the main reason I got it, I'm getting a brand new Eco-Tec 831 honeywell programmable roomstat and flue all for ÂŁ600( minus the ÂŁ400 and I'm getting it VAT Free from my supplier) and my brother is going to borrow the rest of materials from his work for me lol

just need to find out how I can advertise the boiler scrappage scheme now to customers

Don't know, never applied. I got an application through after my registration with OFTEC, ÂŁ60+ quid I think it was. Put it to one side about 2 years ago thinking i would have a look at it later.

Would it be ÂŁ60+ quid well spent? What would it give me in return?

Don't know, never applied. I got an application through after my registration with OFTEC, ÂŁ60+ quid I think it was. Put it to one side about 2 years ago thinking i would have a look at it later.

Would it be ÂŁ60+ quid well spent? What would it give me in return?

I was a member never did anything for me most people don't care about it over here

I will have EngTech after my name and RP at the moment, although I'm asking about heating aswell as I do alot of heating work.

Just received my Engineering Technician Certificate from the Engineering Council today Gerry, have you got yours?

Well done guys! I eventually got my RHP aswell last week

not impressed with the EngTech logo though, think I'll just use the engineering council logo

Congrads all

:party:

Have to get the letters put after your UK Plumbers Forums name :hair:

respec

on the link was a bit of an effort to find it though, its not worth laying eyes on it anyway lol

I can already put MEng(Hons) after my name. Do you think it would be worth going for CIPHE membership as well?

Joining CIPHE means you can join the register of Plumbers or Heating Engineers and also enroll with the Engineering Council which, having your qualification I certainly would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ciphe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Did anyone watch Britain's Got Talent last night? There was a Plumber on from Stockport called Darren who bottled it last year but did his audition last night.. He was a stand up comedian and he got off to a rocky start but by the end everyone was loving him! Does anyone know him? Is he a...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock