Search the forum,

Discuss Checkatrade? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kb76

On another subject here but do any of you boys use checkatrade to promote your business? I never have and all my work prior to me moving from London to Devon where i'am now was generally through word of mouth and my old website via Google. I had a meeting with them last week, checked out all my docs, gas safe, insurance and ID etc but have still not decided. It's pricey at over £700 for the year! I'm interested to know if it works well for you fellow boiler men out there?
Thanks
Kevin

It works very well for several forum members. Use the search function on the forum to see previous threads.

like any form of advertising it brings in a few customers, your Devon locals wont use it, but if your in a 2nd home area, all those trooping down at weekends to their holiday home do qs they dont know the local tradesmen. It takes a while to get going and build up a decent set of reports, and remember checkatrade themselves dont say they are an advertising media, just a means of winning quotes and giving you an edge over other tradesmen

Funny you should say that, if I put a search in no one comes up for 20-25 miles so I'm thinking is that good or bad? Good maybe because if locals are looking and no one comes up other than me then I'm in! Or bad because nobody uses Checkatrade locally and could be wasting my money?

I'm in West Sussex and have been with checkatrade for 3 years now. Works very well for me but it did take 6 months before it really started to get going.

Just south of Exeter. I've heard it does take a little while to start working for most but won't really know unless I bite the bullet and cough up!

Joined a month ago and as yet not one phone call , however willing to give it time and see what it brings in .

Slow to get going, but steady away after about 6 or 7 months.

Have just set up my meeting to enquire joining. I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.

Roughly £750 for the year, so all it needs is a few decent jobs to come in to cover it.

Will update how many calls/jobs I get.

Have just set up my meeting to enquire joining. I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.

Roughly £750 for the year, so all it needs is a few decent jobs to come in to cover it.

Will update how many calls/jobs I get.

Will probably sign up too, what's your area? I'm South Devon and not many engineers/plumbers using it down here.

Was going to sign up until the annoying sales woman came out to see me. She just expected me to sign!! Told her I would have a think about it and she went in a right huff,

Was going to sign up until the annoying sales woman came out to see me. She just expected me to sign!! Told her I would have a think about it and she went in a right huff,

Similar here, the dude arrived and we went through it all and next thing he's asking for dosh. Said I'd have a think and wasn't made aware I was expected to sign up after the meeting. Having said all this I'll still give it a try. See how 1st year goes...

Similar here, the dude arrived and we went through it all and next thing he's asking for dosh. Said I'd have a think and wasn't made aware I was expected to sign up after the meeting. Having said all this I'll still give it a try. See how 1st year goes...

I'm going to sign up and was thinking about giving money on the meeting. But after reading these posts about them being pushy I'm really going to make him squirm for it

I'm on it but I think lame is right that down the south west you won't get many locals look at it. Most people I speak to when I say about it don't have a clue what I'm on about.

took quite a few weeks to take off, then got 2 boiler swaps in a row, had a few bites since then

Really unimpressed with checkapants,

Had a chat with them today over the fact i had a negative review over an appointment i couldn't get to , in a nutshell i was given wrong address and tel number. Suddenly the only time i have heard from checkapants is over a bad review. They refuse to listen to my end so the review stays, hey ho at least i eventually had a phone call from a cust out of it .

At £650 this lot is looking like the biggest bottom feeder of the lot another outfit to shaft the tradesman.

Im not renewing mine. Just going to set up a cheap and cheerful web page.

think we should all get together and start a national plumbing ,heating company web site ,covering all the areas we are in and then float it in a year or two ,let it be snapped up by the pension funds ect and then we can retire....

our own Silicon alley ....

Last edited by a moderator:
think we should all get together and start a national plumbing ,heating company web site ,covering all the areas we are in and then float it in a year or two ,let it be snapped up by the pension funds ect and then we can retire....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm............

I'm in, ran by plumbers for plumbers. Viva la revolution.

Should also have a closed area with rate a customer!! Keep the idiot ones away or at least warn of time wasters and late payers!!

Rather then a directory we should just set up a national plumbing company.

We all put £1000 in each for advertising etc then ofer a service that covers the entire country. Fixed price servicing, repairs etc we've already got a merchant on board we just need to convince one of the admins to operate a call centre for us and issue the jobs out. Think of it like a cooperative bg. We're taking back control of our industry

We all put £1000 in each for advertising etc then ofer a service that covers the entire country. Fixed price servicing, repairs etc we've already got a merchant on board we just need to convince one of the admins to operate a call centre for us and issue the jobs out. Think of it like a cooperative bg. We're taking back control of our industry

Don`t need a call centre lads, systems out there where the customer calls in via their landllne and the call is then diverted to the nearest member. The idea is workable with enough people in it.

Oh I can imagine trying to agree on fixed prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Checkatrade? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock