Search the forum,

Discuss Checkatrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

all right all those who joined recently, what do you think thus far, has it worked at all, or are you getting ****ed off with numerous calls fm them when ever your in the attic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Personally despite loads of feedbacks etc not a whistle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a new signup personally, but still getting 4-7 jobs from it weekly.
So for me it is working well

but your just outside dog**** city, loads of peeps unlike the greenery down here :)

Getting sfa from it. But ensuring that I meet the t and c's for the money back gaurantee. People looking but only one call so far.

My builder (not a customer, because I didn't want a customer working in my house) is now on his 5th job for us - all picked up originally because of check-a-trade.

I think that the first job was a cr@ppy little issue of rendering round a door frame for a couple of hundred. Since then, he has had more than £20k over two major projects and another two minor ones.

Tbh I think location is a big factor as far as cat is. Its still early days for me, so still have an open mind. If after 12 months its the same then I will can it. Hopefully it will turn around and at least cover the expense. I wait and hope, but not too soon as its pretty busy at the mo :)

2 years in and I'm getting on average 4 or 5 calls a day via check a trade.

I havent joined but havde spoke to them on a few occassions as i dont think it would pay for me , different for cities or large places but we are smaller towns , most of my work is word of mouth anyway but there isnt a checkatrade person in my area so did toy with the idea, one thing they did say is , ive just bought a new van and they said they would pay for it to get sign written free of charge but they would want 70% coverage of the van for theyre advertising, 70% is 3/4 of the van ,,, tis alot, but never say never

But if there are a few mugs on check a trade u loom like your the ring leader. I would translate that into about 3k of free subscription to check a trade. It's a problem if you leave as your score goes down and you look a bit of a chimp

It is crazy expensive as word of mouth is all they can garauntee which we all have already,

2 years in and I'm getting on average 4 or 5 calls a day via check a trade.

I get the feeling its customer type and the area your in, the south east is working well but all those i have talked with reckon it doesnt work down here for whatever reason.

If I charged a fiver an hour (I'm expensive) I'm sure I could get work from just about any form of advertising.

Id be interested to know what the conversion rate is for the amount of calls you get?
I.e. are the people ringing expecting something for nothing

You would get loads of calls Tom and you would be what`s called a busy fool.
Seems to me that most people want a free quote followed by the lowest price, unable to give a ratio of phone calls & quote to work gained as I`m not self employed but the amount of times I`m asked if I do private work is increasing and the company charges £44 p/h after the 1st hour on site which I think is a reasonable amount given the fact that it`s difficult to find somebody who is willing and able to do the job with a 100% sucess rate. You know what I do.

Last edited:
Mines took a while to lift of but had several calls off it recently, I just wish I had more guys :lol:

Mines took a while to lift of but had several calls off it recently, I just wish I had more guys :lol:

Hi ian. Do you get most of jobs u price through checkatrade or just estimates. Or a mixture of both?????

Id be interested to know what the conversion rate is for the amount of calls you get?
I.e. are the people ringing expecting something for nothing

I think I have only had three people that didnt want the work doing, all the other calls are genuine people that want the work doing.

Hi ian. Do you get most of jobs u price through checkatrade or just estimates. Or a mixture of both?????

TBH i can only certainly confirm 1 job through CaT, the rest of the crazyness lately i never bothered to ask :O

ian i still get folk asking me to got to edinburgh work harder lol

I got one to look at in dundee hahaha

I know I'm late to the party but it's working for me. Had to turn down 4 jobs yesterday because I'm busy on another job I got through CAT, and I know I won that job despite being at least 600 more expensive than his cheapest quote.

I know I'm late to the party but it's working for me. Had to turn down 4 jobs yesterday because I'm busy on another job I got through CAT, and I know I won that job despite being at least 600 more expensive than his cheapest quote.

ill take em on for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Checkatrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that didn't flush properly, and had become corroded and unsightly. I figured I'd get a plumber in to do it (after a couple of years apologising to guests for...
Replies
Views
Dear colleagues , My name is Roohollah and an overseas Heating tech. I have recently collected some data on oldest cast iron boiler from UK which is called Robin hood boiler . Thus, I would like to request for any data or pics of those products if you ran into them before. Thanks a bunch for...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different. Given the law says "refer to MI"...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock