Search the forum,

Discuss web site bringing no business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
so we moved out of london to a village near Northampton and I had new website build and its number 1 on page 1 when you serch for a :

plumber in northampton ,

but I dont get any calls at all , had one call back in the summer and I earned £40 out of it .......

any views welcome ,web address is below ......

Plumber in Northampton Boiler Breakdown Service installation Repairs

do you get any business from websites ?

I don't use them nor advertise nor any business cards mate can't be bothered with it all as when I did get loads of idiots calling. All my work is recommended just tied off 38 k install and thought had no work for this week this morning picked up several boiler services a boiler install ,thermal stores to install and male female toilets for council

I like your site stan. What's the standard age group in your local area? Are you doing any other adverts?

Yeh I know but if you ain't top 2 you ain't nowhere IMO. I bet if you do a paid ad for one month through google Adwords the phone will ring more, Adwords list as top 3, I had one last winter and was getting 5-6 calls a day

i get more jobs from my google business listing on google maps than my web site.

on your first page you have this free check i think people get suspicious of free stuff being offered or see it as a gimmick or a catch with you looking to get more work from them. just a thought.

on your first page you have this free check i think people get suspicious of free stuff being offered or see it as a gimmick or a catch with you looking to get more work from them. just a thought.
Some will most wont. I genuinely think most people just get your number and ring, most of mine don't even know company name IMO

most people are probably like me

i dont read web sites , i just look for the number to call or a link i am looking for

Wont get that timescale on a public building like a library 4 weeks i had from rip out to commission just got on with it in all honesty not sure itb was worth it as had little jobs that was bringing in a steady wage
was stressfull

try getting yourself listed by town and not name, seo thing, I pop up when some one searches plumbers in ilfracome, not my name but there i am in the free listings on top of the pile.

I got recommended a guy here 8 months ago, I am now number 1 on google maps for plumber aylesbury, aylesbury plumber, plumber in aylesbury, plumbers aylesbury. 2-3 calls a day. £35 a month. Best money I ever spent I have 4 weeks spare between now and Xmas. I am sure it will be filled up by end of October. But 50 per cent of my work is word of mouth. But I still have 50 per cent new customers which is essential to being busy

We'll done Jase . Are you using same man Andrew Acr services ? ( must be )

I think is something to do with this Northampton City for some reason , honestly only one call and had £40 and one more where some one asked how much to install new kitchen mixer taps told him £60 all in ( he never come back )

I pay £55 per month and keep hoping business will start rolling , but nothing

so I am going back and updating this week my London site as to start bringing me some new customers

Sorry to hijack your thread Stan, but I'm thinking of setting up a website soon & saw your thread.

What's this google business thing being mentioned?

Was your site built by the guy recommended on here Stan? Do you mind me asking what you pay & are you happy with the site? (Apart from the lack of business it's generating so far of course)

Stan have just googled plumber northampton and gas engineer northampton and you have not come up on either over first five pages .

How come you think your number one on the search list??

Tom the mans name is Andrew from Acr services . He build the web site and he is doing SEO. I am on page one but I don't get calls ....
When I was in London I used to get min 2 a week and also I still get some business from post cards some one delivered for me 3 years ago . Had a boiler change job out of this post cards 3 weeks ago :)
I was busy up to 1 week ago and had few boiler change jobs done , but last week and this is bad ....
I have a job booked in for Saturday and Sunday but nothing during the week ....
I don't know why I don't get any calls from web , must be a reason but I am sure is to do with the area I am targeting .....

Stan have just googled plumber northampton and gas engineer northampton and you have not come up on either over first five pages .

How come you think your number one on the search list??

When I search :
Plumber in Northampton
I see my web on page 1
Web is : plumber-in-Northampton.com

Sorry to hijack your thread Stan, but I'm thinking of setting up a website soon & saw your thread.

What's this google business thing being mentioned?

Was your site built by the guy recommended on here Stan? Do you mind me asking what you pay & are you happy with the site? (Apart from the lack of business it's generating so far of course)

Also I pay him £55 every month , and that is all I pay ! No extra charge for building web site

CHECK AT TRADE

boiler guide

rated people

my builder

free index

all these at top plus other big nationals come top when i google plumber in northhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to web site bringing no business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock