Search the forum,

Discuss Replacementment for dead Potterton Flamingo RS40 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old Potterton Flamingo 40 has just died. It was supplying 5 rads and water, with an immersion heater, to a 2 bed flat with one bathroom. Everything is on one floor in a first floor flat in London SW2. There's a header tank in the loft. Which is the best new boiler to get and how much should I expect to pay for the purchase and installation?

Depends what you want to do

Either like for like replacement (heat only)

Or switch the system to a combi

Depends on budget

Hi bongolia. I mean if it's a flat on ground floor then not handy having a tank in the attic so best if do away with heat only I reckon and it saves your pipework going up through your upstairs neighbours to get to attic tank ... for 2 bed I'd defo advise combi but price and make is a huge variation ... I'm based north of Scotland and my price would be massively different to your local engineers. I like to give all my customers boilers with 10year warranties with wireless controls ... I like the ideal vogue with there weather compensator or baxi .. but every engineer will give u different manufacturer .. as for prices we can really say on open forums I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacementment for dead Potterton Flamingo RS40 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock