Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator not heating up in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have recently bought my own house and decided to redo the kitchen. There was a radiator in the room already but I wanted to move it. I extended the pipes (8mm microbore) and plumbed in the new radiator.
I opened the isolation valves and filled up the radiator with no issues. I've bled every radiator in the house too. The issue is it's not heating up. I've turned off every other radiator in the house to identify if I need to rebalance the system but still nothing. The existing bit of pipes which I extended are not heating up either.

Any advice on what to do next is welcome. I'm a bit stumped at the moment.

Thank you

did it work originally eg did you test the system?

It is. I have attached a photo.

Attachments

• PXL_20231029_125853360.jpg
    PXL_20231029_125853360.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 6
Lots of these have to be plumbed a certain way around or they don’t work.
They often have a baffle fitted internally and if you have flow/return the incorrect ends of the radiator you’ll get little to no flow.
Search the forum for vertical rads etc - it’s been on here quite a lot.

If you empty and remove the rad, then temporarily connect the two pipes directly together and put the heating on. Come back quickly and hold the two pipes - whichever get hot first is the flow.
If this works and the pipes get hot then it is likely that you have a flow and a return - and you now know which is which.
Then match this up to the radiator’s spec/ instructions.
ie. Flow / return have to be correct way around and top/bottom of rad has to be correct.

Reply to Radiator not heating up in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock