Search the forum,

Discuss Old fart versus new technology in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mountainman

Just doing a bit of agency work, my current bit of collar sees me fitting parts ordered by other engineers.

I'm finding even the simplest job fraught with delays and grief.
Gloworm SXI gas valve, complete pita.
Vaillant fan, seems to have the same heat engine as the GW, guess what? Complete stripdown and another pita.

Just doing a bit of agency work, my current bit of collar sees me fitting parts ordered by other engineers.

I'm finding even the simplest job fraught with delays and grief.
Gloworm SXI gas valve, complete pita.
Vaillant fan, seems to have the same heat engine as the GW, guess what? Complete stripdown and another pita.
its not your fault your just working on boilers designed by halfwits who have never picked up a spanner in there life

designed by computer engineers with the main objective of making them as cheap as possible to produce, built and put together by min wage workers or in third world countrys. but no one complains when the price is really cheap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old fart versus new technology in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock