Search the forum,

Discuss Nuisance plume in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Afternoon chaps

got a tricky one I'd appreciate opinions on.

Installed an energy r boiler in a property a week ago and the neighbour opposite is now moaning about the pluming. It's completely to spec and to British standards but does point straight across a shared stairwell at their property. Easily 3500 to their wall.

What can I do?? It's gone back in exactly the same place as the old boiler as there is no other option based on the flat layout.

If I wanted to be pedantic their boiler is completely illegally installed but that's by the by. I just need to come up with something.

Cheers

matt

Last edited:
Whats the clearance to the boundary?

Would it be easy enough to fit a plume kit to angle it away?

Whats the clearance to the boundary?

Would it be easy enough to fit a plume kit to angle it away?

Firstly, explain its just steam ( mostly)
They can make you move it if it's a real nusance. Can you fit a plume kit and direct it away.
It's all about perception. If it was always there, they would have been used to it and because it's new, they really notice it!
Did 4 apartments a year or so. The flues were within regs. But on the same wall as balconies. When the boilers fire with the wind in the right direction, the plume goes towards next doors balcony (meters away) I thought one of the new residents would moan about it and I would have had to install a plume kit, to take it a couple of metres up.
As they have never lived there before, I have not had one complaint

Difficult to explain but the flue terminal is slightly recessed in an alcove (still well within regs) so a plume kit would be difficult to get to a decent termination. I wondered if a 45° angle would work but I don't know if Glow-worm offer that anymore

I'll try and get some pics but access may be very difficult. It's boundary is rather ambiguous as the property walls are approx 4.5m apart. However these backdoors are joined by a shared fire escape type staircase/balcony No formal boundary line exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nuisance plume in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock