Search the forum,

Discuss New job update in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

A quick update for anyone interested.

Coming to the end of my first week at Dyno, and i am very impressed. It seems so well run and the managers etc seem decent and rather than act like they are too important they talk to everyone like they are one of the team.

Had a 'team meet' yesterday, I was 30 mins late - I couldn't believe it, I was told 8.30 Monday and Tuesday so assumed it was the same Wednesday. It wasn't a problem, I apologised and they said don't worry. I'm sure it will have been noted but it won't happen again. I was just embarrassed, I should have asked someone. Never mind.

There must have been 15 engineers in the room and they all looked happy and no one was moaning like you would find at other jobs.

Been out with a lad for a couple of days now, I haven't done a lot. I did one job today, just repaired a leak under a bath, it was a bit of a pig of a job but got it done.

I have already had some good plumbing tips which I never would have got before. Nobody looks stressed. Every single job we have been to has been easy. Not a single thing would have been too hard for me. I will struggle with all the paperwork and using the pda etc, there seems to be a lot to get used to!.

It's made me realise how much time I was wasting at my last job. My old boss used to act clever and come out with smart remarks and make me feel stupid just to make himself look good in front of the others. It wasn't banter, if it was just me and him together he wouldn't be like it. It used to drive me mad, he knew I came in inexperienced and rather than help and give me a bit of coaching he used to knock my confidence. Must have made him feel good about himself and it meant he could keep me on rubbish money.

This new job, it's plumbing maintenance with some gas work. Really looking forward to getting stuck in, As with anything i have a 6 month probation period, i wont relax until that's over.

Thanks for all the help/info/advice/encouragement on the other post.

Well done Ash I'm glad it's working out for you, I know it's a bit early to say but sometimes the grass is greener.........well less brown!!

Ahh that honeymoon period is the best! I'd like weekly updates ash please :biggrin:

I followed your other thread, Glad it's working out. I often wondered what it would be like working for a national firm, keep the updates coming & good luck

Nice work. Remember how positive you feel now and hang on to that for the tuff stuff that's bound to crop up. Sounds like you have found a good fit for you for the moment.

Pleased to hear it Ash. Good move for you and you will learn a lot doing jobbing.
This time next year Rodney :smile:

That's great to hear feller. Your old boss sounds like a proper piece of work. I bet he is missing you now though

That's great to hear feller. Your old boss sounds like a proper piece of work. I bet he is missing you now though

He could be ok, there were times he could have let me go but didn't but then i put up with more than is acceptable. I can forget all that now, it enabled me to get enough experience to get this job and that's all that matters. He has a lot on his plate work wise but isn't doing anything about it, they need to make some serious changes in my opinion if they want things to get better. And attitudes need to change too.

Good on you Ash, and just hope the work doesn't get harder, it sounds like when I worked for the council years ago, easy jobs, plenty of tea and loads of paperwork

If I was as good at plumbing as i was at drinking tea i would be planning early retirement!

You can't beat a happy workplace , a good bit of morale and smiling faces makes the day and your job more enjoyable ,, well done ash , glad your enjoying it,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New job update in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not doing the job but he wants to know what to buy and replace it himself and asked me where to get one. I said I'd have a mooch. He sent this picture. I...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a cold water tank this tank feeds six properties in a straight line below my property is on the third floor so in the middle. The job would entail...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock