Search the forum,

Discuss How would I remove shower enclosure doors? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael O'Kane

I have a corner entry shower with two sliding doors. The doors each have four individual white plastic wheels, two at the top and two at the bottom. The wheels are screwed firmly to the door frames and the white plastic wheels run along tracks, one track at the top and the other at the bottom of each door. The wheels are not spring loaded I can't get them out of the tracks. Unfortunately the bottom track is secured with silicone and I also can't remove a triangular securing block which holds the two tracks together. I can't identify the manufacturer because any identifying badge has long since been worn away. Any idea how I can remove the doors without cutting out all of the silicone and removing the triangular securing block?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Are the wheels held on with screws? are there cut outs in the frame for the wheels to come out of? Pictures would help

Pictures would be really helpful on this. But for the mean time, try to lift the doors. If you can lift it at least a little space on the top you can swing out the doors.

Gosh, I'm a new member and thought that this forum would be like all the others I've seen on the net. In other words, post your question and no-one answers. What a mistake! What a lot of helpful members! Wow and most impressed! Thanks a bundle.

Unfortunately, there are no instructions since the enclosure is 11 years old and no maker's name on the cabinet. There are no cut outs in the track. The round plastic wheels are screwed directly onto the bottom of the door. Unfortunately there is almost no play at all in the doors so I can't lift them up. Also the wheels are larger than the gaps in the frame so they wouldn't come out anyway. Getting the wheels off is easy but getting the doors off isn't. The tracks are joined and held in place top and bottom with a triangular piece of plastic. This piece of plastic has long legs or lugs that fit into the track runners. I can get the top triangular piece of plastic off because the upper track is free standing (apart from where it's screwed into the wall) but I can't get the bottom triangle off because the whole of the lower track including the triangle has been securely fixed with silicone. To undo the bottom track I'd need to cut out all of the silicone and then basically dis-assemble the shower enclosure. Alternatively I suppose I could try to cut off the lugs on the lower triangle remove the triangle and the doors would then slide out. What do you think? alternatively, are you able to identify from the 2nd picture the likely manufacturer? Thanks again.

DSC03450.jpgDSC03446.jpgDSC03452.jpg

Definately not with a big sledge hammer.

Thanks for that. I would definItely not have used a sledge hammer. Or were you joking? Anyway, I've sourced the maker of the enclosure, obtained the manual from them and bought the spare wheels.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How would I remove shower enclosure doors? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock