Search the forum,

Discuss How do you change the washer on this type of kitchen mixer tap? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
Kitchen mixer tap (see image) is dripping and it's driving me nuts! I can't find a good enough description of the type of tap it is to find a link on You Tube and work out how to change the washer.
Any links or generic advice on what needs to be done to change the washer (after I've turned the water supply off) would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210130_100956.jpg
    20210130_100956.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 19
Heads have little grub screws in side, heads pop off and expose quite standard valves.
These are 1/4 turn ceramic cartridges and you'd be best to change them but can be awkward getting the right ones.
If it were me I'd replace the whole tap as its just a cheap one

The tap appears to be a Hapilife model "Hapi-03Z"

I think it has ceramic cartridges in it, not traditional washers.
I suspect if you can unscrew the chrome 'collar' under the lever handle, it will pull off, complete with lever, when fully unscrewed.
You will need to find a pair of suitable cartridges, investigate why the current ones are leaking, or buy a replacement tap for £24.99!

you were quicker off the mark, Knappers!

Heads have little grub screws in side, heads pop off and expose quite standard valves.
These are 1/4 turn ceramic cartridges and you'd be best to change them but can be awkward getting the right ones.
If it were me I'd replace the whole tap as its just a cheap one
Thanks for the info - found the screws you mentioned. Going to take up your advice regarding getting a replacement as the spout is loose and I don't need quality taps at the moment.

Reply to How do you change the washer on this type of kitchen mixer tap? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock