Search the forum,

Discuss Ciphe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smcart5

I was reading about this on the screwfix trade chat and someone suggested joining ciphe as a student and advertise to be an apprentice there, does anyone here pay to be a member and gotten an apprentice from it, i am trying to figure out if its worthwhile paying the registration fee and the subscription.

I was reading about this on the screwfix trade chat and someone suggested joining ciphe as a student and advertise to be an apprentice there, does anyone here pay to be a member and gotten an apprentice from it, i am trying to figure out if its worthwhile paying the registration fee and the subscription.
Trainee membership costs about ÂŁ20 for the year.You can then get a card from Plumbfix for discounted stuff through Screwfix, so you could save your ÂŁ20 fee in one purchase!

I hope not, i spent two years dong a night course at college for a lousy technical certificate...

smcart - **** isnt it mate- i done my tech certs in my level 2 and i cant believe the hype these colleges give to a tech cert. its like doing the theory test in driving but not having driving lessons.

On the fast track or college thing, ask if the course would allow you to become a registered plumber or registered heating professional is they say yes then it would have to be the full NVQ or SVQ as these are the current qualifications to get on the register. If they say yes and the course does not provide that they have broken the law under the trades description act. Of course whilst you do not have to go one to get registered the more of us there are the easier it is to protect ourselves and our profession. For those who have already started work with some other form of qualification we can always do inspections of your work and if you meet the same standards we would allow you to become an Associate member until you had he experience to upgrade to a full member. The good thing is as a member you would get access to free manufacturers training which would help you to apply for the upgrade.

i've heard or read that you cant get the membership unless you have an nvq 3, is this right?.
so, with an nvq 2 in plumbing and gas with acs, part p elec,green belt in origami (evening paper folding) is it not good enough?.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not necessarily true, NVQ level 2 with appropriate experience can get Member.
Which again to me is a good thing. You walk out of fast track with level 2 you can get associate you then get some experience under your belt and can upgrade to member.
I am currently trying to upgrade from member to fellow .

Last edited:
Don't know where you got the information from.

Look at
[DLMURL="http://www.ciphe.org.uk/About-Us/Join-CIPHE/How-to-Join--Levels-of-Membership/"]Membership Categories - CIPHE[/DLMURL]

for the facts.

CEO CIPHE

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Redsaw I have given you duff gen there ( I miss read an application form I had)

So I gues "the facts" are you aint good enough;);)

yeh, this is the bit i dont like.
you either a member or not.!!!!!

fair enough if you are a trainee there is provision, but to catagorise how good you are or aint going on paper work will put a lot off bothering?. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ciphe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock