Search the forum,

Discuss 43mm waste fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tanman

I need to replace the shower waste unit in my ensuite but the pipe is 43mm. I have tried everywhere locally (local plumbing supplies, Travis Perkins, ScrewFix, B&Q, etc) but cannot find this size. I did buy a 40mm unit hoping that there might be enough play in it but there wasn't. Any suggestions?

can you see a makers name on the pipe or fittings 43mm I think is pushfit
type pipe:)regards turnpin

Ah it could be abs as i had this last week get an abs 1/2" female one side male the other and it just slots in the compression side of waste either that or get a compression flexi with spigot end 40mm, compression side fits the 43mm pipe. hope this helps.

It appears China uses 43mm pipe as standard as I have a similar problem, the big problem now is I need about two foot of it and they want a minimum shipping order of around 300 metres !

Won't a 1.1/2" compression straight coupling and some 1.1/2" pipe do it?

try james hargreves , i had a similar thing a while back and am sure thats where i ended up getting what i needed

Wickes used to do a 43mm pipe. But now the only do a 41mm with connectors. They do not fit the 43mm :(

Wickes used to do a 43mm pipe. But now the only do a 41mm with connectors. They do not fit the 43mm :(

You can use a mechanical fitting for connecting on. (The type that have nuts that you compress the tapered rubber seals up).
There are also other types designed for universal fit, but they are push fit. Hepworth make them. Connectors or male to female bends are available and are special because they are bigger internal diameter but with heavier rubber internal seals

Try Sanifix.co.uk who make solvent weld conversion fittings from Euro 40mm OD to UK 40mm (which is actually 43mm and labelled 1.5"). it is a 65mm long pvc-u pipe tapering from 40mm to 43mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 43mm waste fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock