Search the forum,

Discuss CH Issue - Potterton Pro Max HE Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice.

I have an issue where if my heating is set to off on the programmer and I turn the Thermostat up the heating will come on.

Which pretty much means I either have to have the heating on or off - which is bit of a nightmare during the night when you want the heating to come on in the morning.

I had a friend look at it, and we replaced both the PCB in the boiler and purchased a new Programmer yet still have the issue.

Any able to think of something that could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance

I had a friend look at it, and we replaced both the PCB in the boiler and purchased a new Programmer yet still have the issue.

So, now you have two problems. Your original one and a boiler that's been tampered with by, I assume, people who are not registered as Gas Safe competent persons.

You need to get a Gas Safe qualified person in. They should be able to fix the problem without difficulty as long as the boiler hasn't been damaged by your ill-advised attempted repair.

Hi thanks for your reply, he does actually work in the industry and is Gas safe qualified engineer. He tested the boiler and couldn't find any issues apart from the PCB needing replacing and we just replaced the programmer in case it was something to do with that as the previous one was old.

He thinks it could be a wiring issue but thought I'd seek a second opinion.

He thinks it could be a wiring issue but thought I'd seek a second opinion.

The symptoms you describe resemble those of a system when the programmer and thermostat have been misconnected in parallel rather than in series. If the system has always behaved in this manner (unlikely) it's probably just an installation mistake that any competent electrician can rectify.

If its a symptom that has only appeared recently, it could be an issue external or internal to the boiler. An electrician who is experienced with central heating wiring will be able to tell you which within a matter of minutes by measuring the voltages at the boiler and programmer/thermostat.

Reply to CH Issue - Potterton Pro Max HE Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock