Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester heatslave 2 18/25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, just back from servicing a 4 year old Worcester heatslave, the problem is when you call for heating at the controls it takes a long time before it responses? I take it you can't get hot water without having the storage heated ?
I told the customer the boiler still under warranty so phone for Worcester. I think it could be the diverter valve motor that's on its way out?

Why does this happen wear and tear?

How long does it take to fire once heat is called?

Hot water needs the store to be hot.

Wear and tear, but if water dirty then it will accelerate or exacerbate any issues.

thank you Simon,

You press the heating on and it's takes 5mins to fire up also customer did say the heating didn't come on when it normally does. What could the issue be?

Hi Inverness, I think its referenced in the manufacturers manual - page 47 section 8.1 in my manual, in cause codes table - code 202 CH anti rapid-cycle mode.
When I service or commission these boilers sometimes I can't get the ch to fire after the dhw has been calling. I either wait 5-10 min or just isolating and reinstating power at the iso switch normally wakes the appliance up! Hope this is helpful

Reply to Worcester heatslave 2 18/25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock