Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch 24i tepid water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

We have a worcester bosch 24i 10 years old, the CH works fine everything looks ok with the boiler, the hot water though is tepid, this has just happened today. The diverter valve is operating correctly when you turn on the hot water tap on , so it is a mystery. Any ideas?

Chris

How do you know the diverter valve is operating correctly? Are you gas safe??

maybe as its cold outside the incoming water is cold and the little w/b us not powerfull enough to get the temp uplift at the flow rate you require...its easy just slow down the hot water demand and see what happens ...centralheatking
modern W/b uck ...10 year old one might just be a keeper ..got
one in Selby Drive it is fine just gets on with its job
chk

Which 24i is it mate? Can we have a picture please?

DSC_0151[1].JPG

is This plumber just s plumber or a gas and heating engineer?

W

what was his prognosis?

He was doing me a favour but he didn't have time to fully inspect it, but he said the diverter valve was moving up and down as it should be when the tap is turned on, although he couldn't rule it out as being faulty, he may be able to come back tomorrow and have a proper look. I have since turned off the CH and ran hot water out of the tap slowly and it went hot, so i am am baffled now?.

Chris

I know a plumber who checked it for me, but didn't have time to fully inspect but he said diverter valve is ok
Here you say he said it was ok mate
He was doing me a favour but he didn't have time to fully inspect it, but he said the diverter valve was moving up and down as it should be when the tap is turned on, although he couldn't rule it out as being faulty, he may be able to come back tomorrow and have a proper look. I have since turned off the CH and ran hot water out of the tap slowly and it went hot, so i am am baffled now?.

Chris
But here he cannot rule it out. Doesn’t sound right to me.

Oh and the bottom right hand corner of the boiler case doesn’t look like it is fitted correctly.

Oh and the bottom right hand corner of the boiler case doesn’t look like it is fitted correctly.[/QUOT

Clearly I didn't explain properly at first, i'm probably trying to sound as if i understand the problem, when i don't.

I’m going to stop it there and say you either need another GSR engineer or you need to get your one back as long as he is gas safe as there is a fairly obvious fix which I’m surprised he didn’t think of first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch 24i tepid water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock