Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Boiler Pump fault can cause faults with PCB? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, hoping someone can help me, I have a Worcester boiler, I’m not sure which model but its gone faulty, I’ve had this issue a few times but only after the boiler has been turned off. In the past -once switched back on, it has seemed to sort itself out within a few days and then works fine.

What it does - when heating is put on the rads get warm to hot, and the display will go to around 74, it then lingers for a bit but then counts up to 99 the says U1, U2, U3 upto U9 then after a while it will count backwards and go to maybe 40 on the display, then it repeats this cycle over and over again. House tends to stay cold because the radiators never get hot enough to heat the house. Then like I said, in the past it has done this for a couple of days and then seems to sort itself out.
Last week it did it again, we went away for a few days so switched the boiler off and got home to this issue, because it was so cold we called out an engineer, local company. They suspected it is the pump, he also said if fitting a new pump doesn’t solve the problem then it will need a new PCB because the faulty pump will have broken the PCB - but we wont know that until the new pump is fitted.

So we have paid £179 so far for a new pump, all worked fine for the first hour or so and surprise surprise its doing the same thing. Now I’m not sure what to make of his statement about the pump causing problems to the PCB, how would it? So this is my question, Has he fitted a new pump when it didn’t need one and all along it was the PCB? And I’m now paying for things that weren’t required...
Thanks for any advice

Last edited:
I would suspect a pcb fault bud i have known a pump to take out a board but normally some water involved somewhere ? hard to say without seeing it . cheers kop

Intermittent faults can be a nightmare to find and costly to put right has you have found out replacing the pump, in this case you will be better to call out Worcester on a fixed price repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Boiler Pump fault can cause faults with PCB? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock