Search the forum,

Discuss Wiring problem I need a bit of help with :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Yesterday I fitted a new Worcester Grecnstar Danesmoor Kitchen system boiler (Oil, flue, and hydraulics so far) but the customer had specified, and purchased, the fascia mounted Worcester programmer and I can't work out how to connect everything up so I'm wondering if any of you bright sparks :) might know how I connect the Worcester programmer into the Honeywell S plan system that I've wired up for it?
Does the programmer get wired in as if it was a Honeywell one or is this unique - I'm asking because the Worcester programmer has a little plug attached to it that just connects straight into the connector blocks in the boiler and although I can get power to it, it doesn't appear to have anything coming out of the bit inside the boiler, and the instructions make no sense to me at all.

There will be a wiring diagram on page 31 and the prog has its own plug on the pcb (remove a panel in the front plastic bit on the top)

1 is hot water on (live to cylinder stat)
3 is your call for heat (orange from port valves)
2 is your heating (live to room stat)
5 is your live from your room stat also with the brown from the port valve (heating)
3 is your call for heat (orange from port valves)
4 is your pump live (should be linked to 3)

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks ShaunCorbs, I'll give that a try on Friday when I get back to them.
Luckily they're pretty laid back about it all, and they don't really need it at the moment as they use the immersion in the summer :)

Thanks ShaunCorbs, I'll give that a try on Friday when I get back to them.
Luckily they're pretty laid back about it all, and they don't really need it at the moment as they use the immersion in the summer :)

There the best customers any problems just post back

Ok - This should probably be on a new thread but as it's sort of related I though maybe ask on this one.

I have a similar problem with another Worcester Greenstar Danesmoor Kitchen system boiler that has a built in programmer (The Worcester programmer) but, and this is the reason for asking agin, it has two pumps :eek:mg_smile:

Now, if anyone on here has a wiring diagramme that shows how to wire a Honeywell S plan system with pump overrun, using two two pumps (One for HTG and one for HW), in conjunction with a DT92 wireless room stat and the Worcester built in programmer, I would be extremely grateful because I cannot, for the life of me, work it out :D

Ok - This should probably be on a new thread but as it's sort of related I though maybe ask on this one.

I have a similar problem with another Worcester Greenstar Danesmoor Kitchen system boiler that has a built in programmer (The Worcester programmer) but, and this is the reason for asking agin, it has two pumps :eek:mg_smile:

Now, if anyone on here has a wiring diagramme that shows how to wire a Honeywell S plan system with pump overrun, using two two pumps (One for HTG and one for HW), in conjunction with a DT92 wireless room stat and the Worcester built in programmer, I would be extremely grateful because I cannot, for the life of me, work it out :D
Does the boiler definitely have pump over run? If it does the easiest option would be to have another pump on the flow to deal with the over run and the other pumps switched by the corresponding valves. The only other way I can think of doing it is having a programmable logic controller which then you would have to use someone who's experienced with PLC programming. Or a couple of relays and flow switches. If the boiler didn't have pump over run it would be a piece of cake.

Does the boiler definitely have pump over run? If it does the easiest option would be to have another pump on the flow to deal with the over run and the other pumps switched by the corresponding valves. The only other way I can think of doing it is having a programmable logic controller which then you would have to use someone who's experienced with PLC programming. Or a couple of relays and flow switches. If the boiler didn't have pump over run it would be a piece of cake.

You could be correct in your thinking there leesparkykent.
I can't see any mention of pump over run in the manual.
Now I'm beginning to confuse myself - must be the late night working I think :)

The advice that Shauncorbs gave worked for the other boiler but I can't remember how I implemented it.

Sooo - My thinking for this one is that on the Honeywell 10 way system I connect:

• Terminal 1 from the programmer to 6 on the 10 way
  • Terminal 2 to 4 on the 10 way
  • Terminal 3 to 10 on the 10 way
  • Terminal 4 to ? ( I can't remember how I dealt with this one)
  • Terminal 5 to 5 on the 10 way

This is, of course, taking into account the fact that I have to incorporate a wireless room stat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wiring problem I need a bit of help with :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the system). Currently I have a Honeywell Home Single Zone Thermostat (Y87RF2024) and I am thinking to get the Honeywell Home Mobile Access Kit RFG100 to get...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have a fault on a clients heating system whereby the heating will stay on regardless of what the programmer is doing on its timed function, it'll switch off at the programmer (no light) but boiler will stay on until they turn the stat down, I went and looked at it, they said they...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone - despite my best efforts I can't seem find a clear answer on how to wire a single channel Hive Receiver to a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 30kw. I've attached 2 photos showing the connections on the receiver and boiler. With great hope you experts out there can help - thankyou!
Replies
Views
Experiencing an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 21i conventional boiler if anyone could help! I have previously installed a Tado smart controls system and is all working correctly with my 3 zone s plan system (CH x2, & HW). Boiler fires from the LR (signal) when the Tado calls for heat but...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm new to this forum and just looking for some advice if someone could please help. I'm trying to fit a Drayton smart heating system and I'm unsure how to wire one of the components which I believe is known as the programmer or controller. There is one that was originally fitted with the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock